Holland America's Seattle HQ Maintains Its Downhill Spiral

Bosch

I'm sorry but I think your complaint is pretty unreasonable. so what if the price drops ...HAL owes you nothing. If I buy a coat from a store and then it's reduced at a later date I can't go back for a refund :rolleyes:

Hmm, that's actually common practice here - if a price on anything goes down within a certain time period they will refund you the difference. Includes coat purchase.:)

I understand the reasoning that NS were cut so much on Koningsdam (less NS than Amsterdam). So far the per diem on the suites I've looked at on Koningsdam is much higher than other ships. I know, supply and demand dictate prices but HAL really needs to step up the NS amenities on Koningsdam to match competition. Others offering much more for sometimes less $$.

We book NS on Vista and Signature as we feel that we get value for what we pay.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Forums mobile app

Edited by frankc98376

We were on the Westerdam in November and there was bread pudding in the Lido every day at lunch. It was also offered as a dessert in the MDR one evening. They also had little cards on the tables in the Lido indicating lobster was available that night (which was a Gala night) - friends of ours said it was delicious.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We were also on the Westerdam in Nov. Yes, bread pudding was served in the Lido every day for lunch. They had "lobster" one night as well. I never saw such small lobsters, about the size of a large shrimp. I am not a big eater and it took six of them to satisfy my appetite.

Most of the food was not great, and served cold to cool in the MDR. We were disappointed.

Hmm, that's actually common practice here - if a price on anything goes down within a certain time period they will refund you the difference. Includes coat purchase.:)

I am not altogether clear about the relevance clothing store policies has to cruise lines. For one thing, your local department store has reasonable expectation of being able to keep you as a (frequently) repeating customer, while a cruise line may very reasonably see you as a one-time-only - who might only be induced to consider a repeat if allowed to get bottom pricing: are they likely to give up certain revenue for an outside chance to entice one more bottom-feeder?

A customer is a customer. Customers with good experiences tell a friend. Those with bad experiences tell four or five people.

We cherry pick. Cruises, AI's, tours, etc. Sometimes late bookings, sometimes not. Don't feel any a shame whatsoever and we have always been treated the same as the customer who bought at list. Did a last minute AI last month, picked up a May China tour at an incredible price last week. Have two months in SE coming up next month and will book hotels three or four days ahead. We could not do this prior to retirement. Now we can and we do.

On the other side of the coin we are paying top dollar for a Christmas AI with daughter and familiy who can only travel at that time.

Anything wrong with taking advantage of the market. After all, the market takes advantage of us whenever possible. It is called supply and demand.

What would HAL prefer? To sell to us bottom feeders or let the ship sail empty and have no revenue at all. There is an upside to sailing less full though . Room for those whose whose cabins are unfit for sleeping. Some of those folks on the post drydock sailing of Rotterdam were very thankful for another cabin in which to sleep since theirs was uninhabitable.