Are neighborhood balconies no longer classified as balconies for diamond discount?

CP3o

I often get a little bit less than a newbie but not full value. Called about missing the discount and rccl c&a said reclassified as deluxe interior for cruises after April 2018.

Is this new? I didn’t see anything in a search.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I often get a little bit less than a newbie but not full value. Called about missing the discount and rccl c&a said reclassified as deluxe interior for cruises after April 2018.

Have not seen any mention of that.

Just did mock booking. My discount showed up for late 2018 sailing

Sometimes a price includes elements that are not combinable with the balcony discount, such as an "instant discount". If this is the case, the balcony discount won't be added by the website.

Does anyone else feel that the neighborhood balconies should be listed differently from ocean balconies? I normally book ocean view balconies and hate having to go through a fake booking just to see ocean view balcony pricing. The advertised cruise sites and RCI site will advertise a balcony price and for all the other ships they are ocean balconies but for Oasis class it is neighborhood. Just makes is tough to look out for good deals.

I just tried to make a booking online (logged in) and it didn't show my D+ discount...I had to call to make the reservation for it to apply.

Being logged in no longer matters.

You must enter your C&A number under the exclusive rates section (on the page where you select number of cabin occupants) for every booking that you do.

The discount does appear.

I told him I’d recently made a reservation on different ship and got it (this was c&a phone number) and also saw less of a total when stepping thru with C&a number entered . I asked him to do a price check w my crown and anchor number entered and he said it was the same and he’s had “training” about it. Neighbor balconies not considered balconies after april 2018, weird

Had internet issues so haven’t confirmed I can get a lower rate w c&a number entered but will try later.

I just tried to make a booking online (logged in) and it didn't show my D+ discount...I had to call to make the reservation for it to apply.

You have to add it in yourself where it asks "See if you qualify for exclusive rates"

Then the discount will show. Not automatic anymore

You must enter your C&A number under the exclusive rates section (on the page where you select number of cabin occupants) for every booking that you do.

You have to add it in yourself where it asks "See if you qualify for exclusive rates"

Then the discount will show. Not automatic anymore

Yes, this is true.

And I do not believe that RC rep's assertion that CP and BW balcony cabins will no longer be considered balcony cabins.

On allure June pricing entering c&a number matters, lower price, no where near 250 off. Stepping thru oasis may pricing I confirm that I get the same numbers with or without c&a number but it’s that way for oceanview balconies as well.

Not exactly last minute heavily discounted cruise but whatever, it’s just a reminder diamond discount on balconies doesn’t mean much. Used to be a nice perk , oh well.

Thanks RCI for making another thing not matter and one more additional step to get correct pricing :(

I got the Diamond balcony discount when booking a Central Park balcony on Symphony next September!

I checked for our Symphony in March and was told by 2 different reps that CP no longer get the discount. I rang after out travel agent said we didn't get it.

I checked for our Symphony in March and was told by 2 different reps that CP no longer get the discount. I rang after out travel agent said we didn't get it.

Interesting, hard to say if this is a policy change in progress, or just Royal's normal poor communication.

Maybe it’s getting coded by ship or c&a reps getting trained on it ahead of IT getting it implemented. Or varies by sailing? Allure I was getting a different rate logged in but not on Oasis.

Don't forget, it is no longer relevant if you are logged in. You must enter your C&A number every time you do a booking, real or not, under the exclusive rates section that can be found on the same page as where you enter the number of guests per cabin.