Bibles in cabin???

micruiser2002

There are different Bibles, and different faiths may include or exclude some books. I think the Gideon Bible is the King James version. I understand most Catholics use the New Jerusalem Bible. For example, Catholics parse the ten commandments differently than Protestants and Jews. If I recall correctly, Catholics have two commandments about coveting (and yes, it is still prohibited).

No matter which version you use, adultery is still prohibited, even if you are on a cruise ship.

Jewish people follow the Five Books of Moses, what they call the Torah, and certain additional books. What is in hotels and on cruise ships is not the Jewish Bible, as the Jewish Bible is written in Hebrew and Aramaic. And the language of the Bible is not modern Hebrew, which is used in Israel in non-religious life. Hebrew has relatively few words, and little punctuation, so one must understand words in context.

Edited by SoCalTraveler

Yes there was one on Constellation this summer, it was a Gideon Bible. I commented on it to a friend who is a Gideon Ambassador.

I have been in hotel rooms where there has ALSO been a copy of the Koran, seems to me that hotel chains and cruise ships would be open to put religious books into rooms where requested and paid for by the organisation. Gideons do supply the Bibles at the cost of the Gideon Society and that is all clearly set out in the book.

I think the op who responded earlier who commented that some people do get themselves into a state whilst away and need some help was right. The chance with religious books available to them that they do not do something to themselves or even to someone else, is surely worth the tolerance of those who are not Christian. And I would welcome other faiths asking if they can supply, FOC, their Holy Books. It would be good if they could agree to produce one book with some of the texts of their faith, so that everyone had a chance to avail themselves of this if, for whatever reason, they needed to do so.

I think thats the one we had...

we store it on the magazine shelf with the sales magazines and port book....too little space so we need the drawer space...we also do not use the refridge...or accept the tray with herbal teas...