Regal Princess Mid Ship staircase

gailisacruzin

Just got off Royal on Nov 5th and the mid ship staircase is open to passengers.

Having trouble getting info from Princess. Can anybody give me a definite answer as to whether the mid ship stairs on the REGAL are open for passengers up to deck 16

This doesn't make any sense.

#1 - Why deck plans don't reflect the real situation - even the future-dated ones.

#2 - Why would Princess go to the effort to open up the staircase and then leave out the Lido? I'd be tempted to use the doors for the sake of one flight.

#3 - Why would they do Royal different from Regal as is the assertion above?

First I have read that opening the stairwell did not include all levels through Lido.

We are on Emerald Deck on the Royal in February. (Deck 8) It shows no stairs on the deck plan, but I have been told that we can go both up and down from there. I agree, all that expense and then not changing the online deck plans? Very Odd.

We just got off 25 nights on Royal Nov 5th and the stairs definitely go up to 16 for passengers. I have just spent the better part of an hour researching the answer to whether the mid ship stairs are opened to passengers up to 16.

Very frustrating cause I am getting conflicting info. Made 2 separate calls to Princess today and was kept on the phone for 1/2 hour each time. Got the same answer both times...they were not sure!!!!

When Regal was in drydock in April of 2017, her center stairs were apparently finished all the way up, according to other CC posts. As of December 2016, the last time we were aboard her, the center stairs only went to deck 7 1/2. No, that’s not a Harry Potter deck, there was a crew door halfway between 7 and 8. Since our cabin was on deck 8, we frequently dashed up this 1/2 flight of crew stairs, and nobody we encountered ever said anything. When Royal was originally put into service, her center staircase did the same thing, but at her last dry dock the center stairs were finished all the way up. There’s a photo in my Live in my sig. (At an apparent cost of $2.2M, according to another CC post) When the Majestic was built, her center stairs were finished all the way up from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

We just got off 25 nights on Royal Nov 5th and the stairs definitely go up to 16 for passengers. I have just spent the better part of an hour researching the answer to whether the mid ship stairs are opened to passengers up to 16.

Very frustrating cause I am getting conflicting info. Made 2 separate calls to Princess today and was kept on the phone for 1/2 hour each time. Got the same answer both times...they were not sure!!!!

The chances of getting a rep from random calling at HQ that has been on the ship recently and knows are probably pretty small. I was surprised to encounter an expert on the Island on a recent call.

Anyway, there are one or two current "Live From" threads going and you might try a Roll Call for Regal. Try asking on there if the OP knows if stairs are open to Lido. All I know is it would annoy me if not, but I wouldn't pick my cruise because of it.

ETA: Canadian Burger was posting at same minute I was. He is leaving on REGAL tomorrow and since he responded here with what he knows now (same as my understanding), perhaps he will be good enough to post the answer here or on his live thread.

ETA: Canadian Burger was posting at same minute I was. He is leaving on REGAL tomorrow and since he responded here with what he knows now (same as my understanding), perhaps he will be good enough to post the answer here or on his live thread.

I’m on the Caribbean tomorrow, not the Regal.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Are the center stairs as tight as the ones on the Majestic? Two people couldn’t pass on those without touching. Usually one person stops at a mid point and/or turns sideways. Tight but at least there were stairs to use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are the center stairs as tight as the ones on the Majestic? Two people couldn’t pass on those without touching. Usually one person stops at a mid point and/or turns sideways. Tight but at least there were stairs to use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are the same as the Majestic so are tighter than the forward and aft stairs. Despite all the protestations about the missing centre stairs, they never seemed to be used that often so the narrowness isn’t generally an issue.