Conceirge Question

Anubi

Is there a way to contact the Concierge precruise for requests?

There is a shoreside concierge but they are for guests in higher end suites, usually Royal suites and above.

They will contact guests a couple of weeks prior to a cruise to help with any special requests such as dining reservations, shore excursions, etc.

There is a concierge onboard that will assist all passengers with any help they might need.

Suite guests have a concierge in Michaels club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

do we need to sign up for lunch in mdr? Tia

No sign up needed. When you check in you should be told about the luncheon, but if they forget you just go to the MDR with you sea pass card in hand between 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM. They'll store any carry ons in a separate section of the MDR and seat you for lunch.

No.

And by the way, the concierge on the ship is available to everyone on the ship, not just to those in concierge class staterooms.

....and so far I've found them to be pretty useless:rolleyes:

We have gotten them to check us in for our flights home and print our boarding passes, recommend places to go and make reservations in ports, cancel and make excursion and dinner reservations and one even offered me the use of her personal hair dryer! Perhaps you haven't utilized them. Weve found them very useful n friendly, efficient and professional. :)

What were you expecting the concierge to do for you? Do you have a specific example of how the concierge was "pretty useless"? I find your comment strange as I was on a cruise with a woman when one of her family members died. The concierge made arrangements for her to leave the ship early, booked her a plane ticket, and pretty much took care of everything for her. She was traveling in an inside cabin, by the way.

What were you expecting the concierge to do for you? Do you have a specific example of how the concierge was "pretty useless"? I find your comment strange as I was on a cruise with a woman when one of her family members died. The concierge made arrangements for her to leave the ship early, booked her a plane ticket, and pretty much took care of everything for her. She was traveling in an inside cabin, by the way.

Asked them to check into and excursion that was full when we tried to book. They said they would check and let us know if anyone cancelled. We heard nothing after 2 days so went to the excursion desk and checked again there. They contacted the tour operator, who added another van and our party of 7 was signed up. I'm still waiting for the concierge to get back to me. On the same cruise I asked for them to check about reservation in Silk Harvest for a party of 7 one night. Again we heard nothing.... I finally went to the booth outside the buffet, got a reservation and a 30% discount. So on the two occasions I tried to use them they were about as useful as a bucket of prop wash. Sounds like this particular concierge was just lazy or having a bad week.

A quick comment to "piggy-back" on Linda's post (Hello Linda!). In 2014 a woman we had met while on a European cruise on the Constellation became ill. She was ill enough that while she didn't need to be hospitalized on land she needed to return home. She couldn't continue. The Constellation concierge took care of everything, even finding a non-stop flight from Amsterdam to a USA city which doesn't get a great number of non-stops from Europe. I found it reassuring to know that such assistance was available onboard.

The first time I found the bottle not waiting for us was in 2016 on Eclipse. Our stateroom attendant greeted us on embarkation day and told us he'd bring it chilled whenever we wanted it, just let him know. It's been that way ever since (at least for us). We trade the bottle for either a bottle of Prosecco or a bottle of red wine. We also ask for a cheese plate or shrimp cocktails instead of the afternoon savories. We often sail Concierge Class, but only if the differential between a verandah and Concierge is small, $50-$100 per person. We will go a bit higher on M-class ships for the extra room. Everyone places value differently. Look over the offerings and decide what's important to you and most of all, whatever you decide, have a wonderful sailing!:)

I had no idea you could switch out for prosecco! Was it an even exchange?

Sent from my iPad using Forums