No tickets and booking disappeared?!

MarkusDY

I have experienced a few rude responses from people in this MSC forum. Not sure why? :confused:I have never had rudeness in the other groups NCL/Disney or Princess just in here. Sorry it happen to you.

No rude reposes on the NCL forum? Boy are you lucky. I consider them the worst. Their cheerleaders get down right nasty if you say anything remotely negative about their precious NCL. Well that has been my experience at least.

We're due to sail this Sunday (Christmas Eve) and flying with BA to join the Meraviglia. So far, I have no tickets of any description and now my booking has completely disappeared from the profile section on the website, even though I completed online check in ages ago and boughts drinks packages, dining upgrades etc!

I'm really starting to wonder if I should bother packing now? Is this normal for MSC?:rolleyes:

I just went over to sign in,and thats changed.After you've signed in,click on MY Bookings,then click on MY Documents,and the etickets area should show for you. I hope that helps!;)

Ok, for the avoidance of doubt, yes I am interested to know if anyone else is having issues with the MSC website and not being able to retrieve their booking, or maybe not had tickets because Christmas is approaching. I'm purely trying to understand if this is just me affected or anyone else is having similar issues.

I certainly would not expect anyone on CC to issue my tickets! I thought this was a friendly chat forum to exchange experiences but now I'm doubting myself again.

Having been on circa 20 other cruises, of course I know I need to call the cruise line/TA. That was of course my first call. My post here was to establish if this is just affecting my booking or anyone else had a similar issue recently.

So thanks for all the obvious messages of "call the cruise", I think I need to be more direct in my next post clearly.

Merry Christmas all... and I hope you have your tickets to your next cruise ;-)

Yes there was a day last week when I could sign in fine but my booking would not load. The next day it loaded fine but I could not enter the section where you book excursions and drink plans and such. I wasn't able to enter that add ons section until recently. According to a CS I spoke to the website is tosh and will be for the foreseeable future due to the IT department having to completely redo it for security purposes.

It is far more than 20 days to my cruise right now but on an MSC thread somewhere someone kindly told me if you upload a picture they send you an email with your tickets and luggage tags. I tried it and they emailed me my tickets which I have already printed out and saved as a .pdf to my phone and my spouse's phone. If you get in to your booking I suggest you do what I did. Snap a couple of quick face shots, crop them in pretty close to the face if needed, and upload.

Speaking about the tickets. I have a question too

I finally got the button to request them, I guess they really needed our pictures. It says its complete now and I have the Request your tickets button. I clicked, it shows to be loading something but nothing happens. There´s nothing on my email either. Tried both explorer and chrome. I booked through an online agency, not a real TA. Any advise?

Btw, I have already contacted MSC and they say they will get back to me but they never do. Thanks.

Speaking about the tickets. I have a question too

I finally got the button to request them, I guess they really needed our pictures. It says its complete now and I have the Request your tickets button. I clicked, it shows to be loading something but nothing happens. There´s nothing on my email either. Tried both explorer and chrome. I booked through an online agency, not a real TA. Any advise?

Btw, I have already contacted MSC and they say they will get back to me but they never do. Thanks.

I’m the one that discovered that uploading your security photo generates the etickets. While I saw the button to request the tickets I never had to use it. The tickets were generated automatically and instantly.

Check what email you have on your booking and make sure they are not in a spam folder.

Well... we're a little further forward. I still can't see the booking on the MSC website but they have spoken to me and although they advised we should be speaking to the travel agent and not them, they have confirmed their ticketing department have not yet issued the tickets! They have promised to deal with this tomorrow and send them to Viva Voyage to pass on to me.

Looks like the suitcase can come out after all.

Well... we're a little further forward. I still can't see the booking on the MSC website but they have spoken to me and although they advised we should be speaking to the travel agent and not them, they have confirmed their ticketing department have not yet issued the tickets! They have promised to deal with this tomorrow and send them to Viva Voyage to pass on to me.

Looks like the suitcase can come out after all.

Great news Markus and thanks for updating us. Now, before grabbing that suitcase, relax with a glass of your favourite lemonade and get truly into holiday mood. Did I say lemonade? Seeing where you live I would be making for my nearest Ruddles dispensary!

Have a great cruise and a very Happy Christmas.

Great news Markus and thanks for updating us. Now, before grabbing that suitcase, relax with a glass of your favourite lemonade and get truly into holiday mood. Did I say lemonade? Seeing where you live I would be making for my nearest Ruddles dispensary!

Have a great cruise and a very Happy Christmas.

Haha! A Burleigh's Gin might be called for actually! Thank you and have a great Christmas yourself too!

Our reservation has now disappeared from the U.K. site also. I can find it on the MSC for me app but that’s all. Will chase this up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wound say nothing to worry about. The MSC websites are riddled with glitches and sounds like they have been working on the UK site. I’m sure it will reappear like magic.

I’m the one that discovered that uploading your security photo generates the etickets. While I saw the button to request the tickets I never had to use it. The tickets were generated automatically and instantly.

Check what email you have on your booking and make sure they are not in a spam folder.

I did, but nothing on spam either.

Guess I will really have to call which I wwas trying to avoid. Having worked at call centers before, I know how it goes... :confused:

I did, but nothing on spam either.

Guess I will really have to call which I wwas trying to avoid. Having worked at call centers before, I know how it goes... :confused:

Odd. Maybe your cruise is way too far out? I'm about 35 days out. Are you using the US website?

Australian website site also up the creek....Cant access my "enhance your cruise" area at all ...When I click on the button it just reloads my booking page that the button is on :rolleyes: ...Seems that each time they try fix something they break a bit more.

Odd. Maybe your cruise is way too far out? I'm about 35 days out. Are you using the US website?

38 days for me (Jan 27).

I´m not using the US website, I can´t log in, it says my booking info is wrong. I´m using the Mexico site. Surprisingly, the MSC for me app lets me in with no issues. It even displays my security picture there already. Odd indeed. I´m a control freak and like to have everything in my hands, plus, Christmas is coming, then NYE and I´m leaving for a few days, then on January 10 I´m heading to Puerto Rico, then Miami, then the cruise, so I really want to set things early.

Their website(s) really suck. I hope they don´t do cruising as their do their websites...

Their non-US sites definitely are having issues. I don’t think it’s accurate to characterize all of their sites as problematic, I haven’t had any trouble with mine. And I’m based in the US. As a fellow control freak, though, I sympathize!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their non-US sites definitely are having issues. I don’t think it’s accurate to characterize all of their sites as problematic, I haven’t had any trouble with mine. And I’m based in the US. As a fellow control freak, though, I sympathize!

I’m in the US and I’ve had plenty of issues with their US site. Sometimes I’ve been able to log in and other times no. When they made one recent upgrade it removed my passport number from my check-in information. I’ve found it works better on Firefox than Safari. Others using the US site have had many similar issues. Just do a search here. Anyway it’s glitchy and poorly constructed.

Thats the thing, I just can´t even log in to the US site, maybe I´m not good enough for it since I´m in Mexico LOL. But in all honesty the US site looks so much better and more complete. I have only sailed NCL and RCCL before, and never had a single issue on their websites. Hope they get it together as it´s getting frustrating.

I kinda understand they dont invest as much - or care enough- for other websites in America as they do for they US as thats the market they are trying to get. But if their site for my country won´t work properly, I would at least expect and very much like to be able to log in to the US one. Oh well.

I always use Internet Explorer and have (fortunately, I suppose) not experienced the problems others have. Having said that, I really don’t check the site all that much because my travel agent is handling everything. Just one more reason to do that rather than become frustrated and angry at technology. Good luck to everyone.

Thats the thing, I just can´t even log in to the US site, maybe I´m not good enough for it since I´m in Mexico LOL. But in all honesty the US site looks so much better and more complete. I have only sailed NCL and RCCL before, and never had a single issue on their websites. Hope they get it together as it´s getting frustrating.

I kinda understand they dont invest as much - or care enough- for other websites in America as they do for they US as thats the market they are trying to get. But if their site for my country won´t work properly, I would at least expect and very much like to be able to log in to the US one. Oh well.

It seems MSC gives booking control over to the website in the country you booked in, so that is what you're stuck with. I know Cunard does this as well, as I can never log into their UK site (which is better than the US site).