Cancellation of Azamara Excursion by Azamara

rabin1

Hello

I do mostly private tours but I did book two tours from Azamara for my upcoming cruise. I just got an email a few minutes ago from them cancelling one of my two tours. Is this normal for them and should I be worried about the other one? I am not flying all that way and spending all the money on a cruise to not be able to see and do what I want.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thank you

Kathy

Hello

I do mostly private tours but I did book two tours from Azamara for my upcoming cruise. I just got an email a few minutes ago from them cancelling one of my two tours. Is this normal for them and should I be worried about the other one? I am not flying all that way and spending all the money on a cruise to not be able to see and do what I want.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thank you

Kathy

Without knowing what your tours are hard to answer but it does happen. Get your agent to find out why the tour was cancelled if you are really concerned. Maybe a replacement will be offered in due course. That said, Cruising is never the way to go if a land based sight was an absolute essential. So much can happen to change ports etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Without knowing what your tours are hard to answer but it does happen. Get your agent to find out why the tour was cancelled if you are really concerned. Maybe a replacement will be offered in due course. That said, Cruising is never the way to go if a land based sight was an absolute essential. So much can happen to change ports etc.

This is the reason in the email: has been canceled due to operational reasons. Whatever that means. No alternate just refund

Thanks

Kathy

This is the reason in the email: has been canceled due to operational reasons. Whatever that means. No alternate just refund

Thanks

Kathy

This can mean there is an issue with supplier all the way through to the ship is not stopping in that port. It’s the standard cancellation email. You need to get your agent to find out more. Most likely it’s an issue with the supplier or feedback from previous guests. You can then work out what your replacement plans are. Maybe there will be one from the ship maybe not, but not knowing where or what it’s hard to say

The tour that was cancelled is in Cyprus. They still have others but not the one I wanted and paid for. The only reason I booked the ships tour in the first place is we are only going to be in port from 12 to 6. I could not find any tours that were those times which I tried before booking the ships tour. No one has a tour those times no one except Azamara.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus my TA was a little upset that no one from Azamara informed him only me.

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

The tour that was cancelled is in Cyprus. They still have others but not the one I wanted and paid for. The only reason I booked the ships tour in the first place is we are only going to be in port from 12 to 6. I could not find any tours that were those times which I tried before booking the ships tour. No one has a tour those times no one except Azamara.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Plus my TA was a little upset that no one from Azamara informed him only me.

Kathy

You might want to look at toursbylocals.com. We've used them many times and our guides have been outstanding. Unlike Viator, these are private tours. Your guide will customize any itinerary to suit your specific needs. Take a look at their website and you may be pleasantly surprised at how easy this will be for you. If you have concerns about cost, you might find a few people on your roll call who would like to share the day with you.

You might want to look at toursbylocals.com. We've used them many times and our guides have been outstanding. Unlike Viator, these are private tours. Your guide will customize any itinerary to suit your specific needs. Take a look at their website and you may be pleasantly surprised at how easy this will be for you. If you have concerns about cost, you might find a few people on your roll call who would like to share the day with you.

Thank you I thought of that but did not know of anyone that had used them. I decided to pick another one of the ships tours. I am nervous with only being in port 6 hours and I know if a ship sponsored tour is late they don't sail.

Thank you everyone else as well for your help and kindness

Kathy

I love tours by locals. Mainly used in Asia. But one guidecwas so good went back to him round two in Bali. Not familiar with your port of call but agree with Ann about the reasons, I had the email be also found out on board. Mainky if on board he ship not selling enough, if at home I believe they de used not to work with that tour operator.