Why is MSC Seaside, the 2017 New Ship of the Year & Not MSC Meraviglia?

gkbiiii

How about the split cabin areas in the aft,ala central Park on RCCL. and the promenade, which is a little different, but the same idea.

I think that you're thinking of this....

395c75fab5a1f39f5aad2fd8c0b6a426.jpg

...which is NOT Meraviglia.

Meraviglia (below, currently in service) is not the unnamed/not yet built MSC World Class ship (above).

MSC-Meraviglia-cruise-ship.jpg

I also believe that the Seaside is an entirely new ship from the ground up. The Merivigalia appears to have copied RCCL's Oasis Class, and the new Princess ship is nothing more than another Royal Class.

Seaside may be a new design for MSC, but the waterfront promenade has been a staple on Carnival and Norwegian for a while now.

About the only real differentiation on the Seaside class is the “Miami condo” design on the aft facing staterooms. While it was never built, Fincantieri had proposed building a ship for Carnival with the aft facing elevators back in the mid-2000s. Fincantieri, of course, is builidng the Seaside class ships. They are also building “Project Leonardo” for Norwegian, which is based on the same design as MSC Seaside, what Fincantieri refers to as “Project Mille”.

Seaside may be a new design for MSC, but the waterfront promenade has been a staple on Carnival and Norwegian for a while now.

About the only real differentiation on the Seaside class is the “Miami condo” design on the aft facing staterooms. While it was never built, Fincantieri had proposed building a ship for Carnival with the aft facing elevators back in the mid-2000s. Fincantieri, of course, is builidng the Seaside class ships. They are also building “Project Leonardo” for Norwegian, which is based on the same design as MSC Seaside, what Fincantieri refers to as “Project Mille”.

Which Carnival and Norwegian ships have what you consider a waterfront promenade that looks like Seaside? Just curious.

NCL Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Joy, and Bliss (currently being built) all have The Waterfront.
I've been on the Breakaway and did enjoy their waterfront. I'll let you know in about a month how the Seaside's compares. I've already picked out my bar that is similar to the one I liked on the Breakaway. Bob

I've been on the Breakaway and did enjoy their waterfront. I'll let you know in about a month how the Seaside's compares. I've already picked out my bar that is similar to the one I liked on the Breakaway. Bob

Being wider, Seaside's should be better. I enjoyed NCL's Waterfront, too.

Impatiently waiting on reviews....