Allure sailing on 12/10 experience

Just got off the Allure from the 12/10 sailing, Eastern Caribbean. The ship was beautiful but the staff service was probably the worst I’ve had. Don’t get me wrong, no one was rude but none of the crew seemed to wanted to be there. They made us feel as every time we asked for something they were doing us a favor. The Adventure Ocean Club for our kids was so unorganized, at one point they could find our youngest daughter in the computer to check her out yet she was standing right next to the staff member as they were telling me she wasn’t there. I literally pointed to my daughter and said she’s right there next to you.

The staff issues were all areas of the ship. Room attendent won’t leave us 5 towels even though we had 5 in our suite. Had to ask 5 days in a row for 5 towels. Won’t replace room service menu, emptied trash every other day.

Don’t get me wrong, loved the ship and can understand that sometimes you get a grouchy employee but it just seemed to be the norm for 90% of staff/crew morale.

First time I didn’t feel bad getting off the ship. We’ve sailed 10+ cruises with Royal and never had this type of experience. Suppose to be back on the Freedom in January but having a little heart burn now.

Anyone else on this sailing have the same experiencing?

I was on the same cruise and really only had a negative experience with 1 bartender when I questioned wether or not my Pina Colada had rum in it since I could obviously taste there wasn't any and I never saw him pour any in. Our room steward was fantastic and we had zero complaints with him. We had good service in the specialty restaurants and the photographers all over the ship made it enjoyable to take photos although I hate taking them. Overall we were happy.

We were also on this cruise. We experienced no problem with the staff. In fact, our room steward was fantastic (as were his towel animals) and our server at the MDR was personable and efficient. We did not experience any rudeness. About the only real criticism was the chaos in the terminal upon leaving (they could not get their act together on getting the wheelchair people off in a proper order). Nevertheless, we had one person just take matters into her own hands and got us off quickly...

Room attendent won’t leave us 5 towels even though we had 5 in our suite. Had to ask 5 days in a row for 5 towels.

It really makes no sense why it takes such effort for a simple and logical request to be fulfilled. Are some staffers playing games?

We didn't experience any rudeness among staff. The only rude people I encountered were fellow cruisers who seemed to not be embracing the vacation.

Our room steward on 8 was superb. We had a towel animal zoo by the last night.

I do wish that the drink machines had been working so I could've had Dr Pepper. And i wish I didn't get the flu, but I still loved every minute of it and booked our next cruise while on board.

If anyone else on the cruise came home with flu like I did, I'm sorry. I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It really makes no sense why it takes such effort for a simple and logical request to be fulfilled. Are some staffers playing games?

Sometimes I think they are so busy, they have a hard time finishing all the work they have. Of course, some are more efficient then others too.

Don't believe every complaint you hear. Common sense, when you get a "bad" complaint from a post and everyone else on that cruise had no complaints, well you don't have to be a Harvard grad to figure that out.:D

Just got off the Allure from the 12/10 sailing, Eastern Caribbean. The ship was beautiful but the staff service was probably the worst I’ve had. Don’t get me wrong, no one was rude but none of the crew seemed to wanted to be there. They made us feel as every time we asked for something they were doing us a favor. The Adventure Ocean Club for our kids was so unorganized, at one point they could find our youngest daughter in the computer to check her out yet she was standing right next to the staff member as they were telling me she wasn’t there. I literally pointed to my daughter and said she’s right there next to you.

The staff issues were all areas of the ship. Room attendent won’t leave us 5 towels even though we had 5 in our suite. Had to ask 5 days in a row for 5 towels. Won’t replace room service menu, emptied trash every other day.

Don’t get me wrong, loved the ship and can understand that sometimes you get a grouchy employee but it just seemed to be the norm for 90% of staff/crew morale.

First time I didn’t feel bad getting off the ship. We’ve sailed 10+ cruises with Royal and never had this type of experience. Suppose to be back on the Freedom in January but having a little heart burn now.

Anyone else on this sailing have the same experiencing?

We have friends who were on the same cruise. This was their second Allure cruise in less than a year. They are Diamond, and she told me she was not "WOWED". She paid for 14 people in Chops and was very disappointed unlike previous visits. Three of the guests were under 12, but she was charges as adults. When she complained, she was told she had not even been charged for them.. Complaining to CS did no good. She had to settle it with Royal when she got home.

They told us they are done with Allure, and are looking at other lines such as MSC. In addition, they have decided to join us on a 15 day Princess to Hawaii.

So much for being loyal!

I was also on the same cruise with my daughter and grandson. The only slight issue I had was in Cafe Promenade trying to get food. There were several of us in line waiting for food only and people wanting speciality coffees getting helped first. We politely asked if somebody was helping the food people and got snapped at by the guy making coffee. No biggie. The other employee behind counter was very apologetic.

Our room stewardess was great and filled our ice bucket twice daily and brought my daughter and I robes on the first day when I asked.

It would be nice if they would get all the freestyle machines fixed, but there was a pair in the Windjammer and Wipe Out Cafe that seemed to be working. The ones on Promenade were broken the entire cruise and there was an employee there filing cups from cans. There was usually a line there.

My grandson went to Adventure Ocean a couple of times and we didn’t have any issues. But he preferred to hang out with us (he is at the age where he’s afraid he might miss something (FOMO-LOL).

This was my first time on an Oasis class ship, and I thought the Allure was a beauty.

Could it be that some cruisers feel they are staying in a ***** hotel, presidential suite, $5000 a night? Isolated cases of not so great service are going to occur anywhere, not only on cruise ships. I would be very suspicious of claims that it happened everywhere on the Allure.

We were also on this cruise and cannot believe they will not give out free popcorn, especially when they show movies in the theater! They charge $2.50 plus gratuity for a total of $2.95 for a small box:(:( Also, no chocolates on our pillows at night:(:(Though the towel animals were cute:):)

They were handing out free popcorn for the afternoon ice show on the last day of our Allure cruise (11/26-12/03). I'm surprised you had to pay for popcorn for movies. Our room steward told us that many of the crew were leaving the ship on December 3 and more would be leaving in January so perhaps the op had a new cabin attendant who was not quite in the groove. Sorry your cruise was not the best.

Don't believe every complaint you hear. Common sense, when you get a "bad" complaint from a post and everyone else on that cruise had no complaints, well you don't have to be a Harvard grad to figure that out.:D

Everyone on any cruise can have a different experience. We all interact with different crew members at different times of the day. And these same crew members are dealing with us passengers that have a range attitudes.

The bottom line is that is why RCI ask us to fill out the evaluation questions to deal with our negative experiences.

It is possible for several passengers to have legitimate bad experiences while the majority have a great cruise.

They were handing out free popcorn for the afternoon ice show on the last day of our Allure cruise (11/26-12/03). I'm surprised you had to pay for popcorn for movies. Our room steward told us that many of the crew were leaving the ship on December 3 and more would be leaving in January so perhaps the op had a new cabin attendant who was not quite in the groove. Sorry your cruise was not the best.

The first year that Oasis sailed popcorn was free for movies being shown in the Aqua Theater. Have no idea when they started charging.

We were also on the same cruise, Dec 10th. We had also been on the Allure in June and again in August. Our stateroom attendant was one of the best we have ever had.

However, that being said, I felt something was just a bit off. Not sure what, since many of the same crew were still there. I am sure several of the crew members were disappointed they were not going home for the holidays. And some like Amy (Activities Manager) boarded on the 10th (and she did not have any luggage until I think it was San Juan).

Maybe it is just the time of year, we all get a bit stressed out at this time, I am sure the crew does also.