AARP Carnival gift cards

1STTIMEATSEA

I purchased two carnival gift cards through AARP. Both e cards were sent to my email. I went to apply both to my carnival cruise balance. The first one worked fine. The second is showing an invalid card number. I double and triple checked the card number. Anyone else have this happen? How long did it take to resolve or did I just loose money to AARP?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Hi can someone please explain to me how the AARP gift cards work? How much are they?

Like any other gift card. You buy them at a 10% discount ($450 for a $500 card, $90 for a $100 card) and then can use them anything Carnival. I always buy enough to pay my entire cruise fare and then have a few for on board spending as well.

I tried to copy and paste and called Carnival. They confirmed the card number given is invalid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I would contact Rewards for Good directly. They're ran by Deluxe Financial Services

http://www.deluxerewards.com/

You can contact them directly on their website. Obviously you may have to wait until Tuesday but I'd still contact them.

I've used the discounted gift cards from both AARP and Verizon Wireless when VW still offered them. Never a problem with redeeming them and I've probably purchased about 10 thousand dollars worth in the last few years.

I have read here on CC that cards purchased through other sites like EBay have a high % of invalid #'s. If the OP's cards were purchased directly through the AARP, I would contact both the vendor and then AARP itself, and finally the credit card company used to purchase the "invalid" card to get a solution.

I do like it that the AARP gateway seems to have the cards available all the time now. That eliminates constantly checking for their availability in their previous offerings.

Does anyone see $500 gift cards available on AARP?

Just looked at 5:30 CST. Saw $100.00 e-cards and physical cards. Didn't see any $500.00 cards.

I ordered $500.00 physical cards last week. Haven't yet received them.

Hoping OP will come back to tell us how his problem was resolved.

Just looked at 5:30 CST. Saw $100.00 e-cards and physical cards. Didn't see any $500.00 cards.

I ordered $500.00 physical cards last week. Haven't yet received them.

Hoping OP will come back to tell us how his problem was resolved.

Thanks for checking. I saw them last week but was holding off to buy some when I acquired enough AARP points. Guess I missed them by a few days :-(.

I purchased 2 $100 gift cards from AARP to use as onboard credit for drinks. I printed them out. Can I apply them to my account online instead of taking the printed copy to guest services? If so, how do I do that on the Carnival website?

I have looked all over the AARP website and can’t find a spot to purchase the discounted e-gift cards. Can someone tell me how to get there? I am sure I am totally overlooking something.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow!! I didn't know about this. When I purchase from the website, how to I add it to my account with Carnival? I have a fully paid for cruise in a few weeks and would love to put this on my sail and sign card as a credit. Do I go to Guest Services when onboard or can I add it before hand on my Carnival account?

Wow!! I didn't know about this. When I purchase from the website, how to I add it to my account with Carnival? I have a fully paid for cruise in a few weeks and would love to put this on my sail and sign card as a credit. Do I go to Guest Services when onboard or can I add it before hand on my Carnival account?

A lot of people preload it to their account when they board at guest services. You can do that, fine. Personally we wait until the end. We have a credit card on file and we run up a "tab" for our onboard spending. Then at the end of our cruise, we just pay off the balance with gift cards. No need to load them ahead of time and keep checking a balance then worry about cashing out at the end.

Thank you for such a quick response! I just purchased two $100 cards. Can't believe I didn't know about this.

You're welcome. You can also get them from Allstate Rewards. Like AARP, you do not have to be a member/customer. If you plan on cruising in the future, I would go ahead and stock up on gift cards. We stock up on them and when it's time to go cruising, we use them to pay off our balance. It's nice to save $300 on a $3,000 cruise. That $300 can pay for gratuities.