Cruise Price Decreased - What Are My Options?

Hi all

I'm booked on Adventure Of The Seas Departing 21-Apr-2018 from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It's my first cruise and its with my partner who is also a first time cruiser.

We booked a few months ago for the Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony. To my horror, I looked at prices yesterday and the same cruise with the Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony on same level (7) and it was over $1000 cheaper!!

From experience, do I have any rights for a price match or a bump up to the next class of accommodation? I feel that RC may say the only option for a better price would be cancel and re-book. However - it looks like the deposit would be lost as would the pre-purchased Deluxe drinks package.

First of all, did you pay your final payment yet? If not you should be able to re-price as many times as you want prior to final payment. If you already put down your final payment then you are out of luck. The drink package should not matter as long as it did not come as an offer with the booking. If it did, you might lose it if the same offer is not being offered right now. If it is just something you bought off the cruise planner then it should not affect it. Any OBC you had might be lost though if you re-price unless there is the same offer right now. And lastly, if you are not from North America then the option to re-price prior to final payment might not be there at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And lastly, if you are not from North America then the option to re-price prior to final payment might not be there at all.

Good point - I missed that in my above post and it looks like the OP is from Sydney.

First of all, did you pay your final payment yet? If not you should be able to re-price as many times as you want prior to final payment. If you already put down your final payment then you are out of luck. The drink package should not matter as long as it did not come as an offer with the booking. If it did, you might lose it if the same offer is not being offered right now. If it is just something you bought off the cruise planner then it should not affect it. Any OBC you had might be lost though if you re-price unless there is the same offer right now. And lastly, if you are not from North America then the option to re-price prior to final payment might not be there at all.

That makes no difference at all

Hi all

I'm booked on Adventure Of The Seas Departing 21-Apr-2018 from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It's my first cruise and its with my partner who is also a first time cruiser.

We booked a few months ago for the Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony. To my horror, I looked at prices yesterday and the same cruise with the Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony on same level (7) and it was over $1000 cheaper!!

From experience, do I have any rights for a price match or a bump up to the next class of accommodation? I feel that RC may say the only option for a better price would be cancel and re-book. However - it looks like the deposit would be lost as would the pre-purchased Deluxe drinks package.

Alas, being in Australia, you are Royally Screwed. Sorry about that. I don't think that you can even ask for an upgrade, which we can do in North America.

How much is your deposit? If it's less than $1,000, you would be in the plus column by cancelling and rebooking.

You can cancel the drink package first, and it will be refunded to your credit card.

Wow that IS cheap! Last minute airfare from Denver on SW is about $850 per person though, which actually makes that cruise more expensive than the one I’m taking from San Juan this summer. That’s the only downside to last minute cruises.

OP don’t feel bad about the price drop, most cruises drop at the last minute because everyone who is currently booked is already locked in to their price, and that is factored into the new pricing.

If you’d waited until the last minute, you might not have gotten the room you wanted, and the airfare cost would have eliminated any savings.

Come to think of it, the airfare prices are probably also factored into that price. RC knows most Puerto Rican’s are still struggling after the hurricane, which means they’re relying on people to fly in from other places to fill the ship, and the airfare to get there this late in the game is so high that they have to drop the cruise fare to make it worth it.

Thanks everyone for advice. Final payment date isn't until February. Looks like I don't have the same options and flexibility as those in North America. I can try calling RC and see what they say - or I might just have to wear this one and not look at any other prices!!

Thanks everyone for advice. Final payment date isn't until February. Looks like I don't have the same options and flexibility as those in North America. I can try calling RC and see what they say - or I might just have to wear this one and not look at any other prices!!

You may be able to upgrade if they won't give you a price drop.

On another board there was a couple from Australia who wanted to upgrade to a suite on Anthem. RC wouldn't let them even though they were more than willing to pay the difference. RC said they would have to cancel their entire booking and lose any money put forward and then create a new booking and pay for that.

On another board there was a couple from Australia who wanted to upgrade to a suite on Anthem. RC wouldn't let them even though they were more than willing to pay the difference. RC said they would have to cancel their entire booking and lose any money put forward and then create a new booking and pay for that.

Could it be different rules for booking in Australia? Royal had a GGG sale (first time bookings only), and I wanted to upgrade to a JS and was told no. The following weekend that sale was for a Weekend Special, and they let me upgrade.