OBC for Gratuities

CrankySailor

hello. Does anyone know if Viking enforces not allowing OBC to be used to offset gratuities? Their materials say this is not allowed (which is NOT the policy of most other main line cruise brands), but wondering if that is enforced (i.e., if there are credits available in the onboard account they will offset gratuity charges).

Thanks.

This was the email I posted that I received at an earlier date from my previous post

Today at 5:28 PM

Thank you for reaching out with your question.

I am happy to confirm that Shipboard Credit can now be applied toward gratuities aboard our ocean vessels.

Please feel free to reach out should you have any questions before departure. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard Viking Sea in February!

Just off Viking Sky on Dec. 17th. Great ship and cruise. We used OBC for tips. No problem.

Grrrr...called Viking today and they said "no." Guess I will ask on-board on day 1 and then decide if I use the OBC for the drink package or gratuities.

Thx.

This was the email I posted that I received at an earlier date from my previous post

Today at 5:28 PM

Thank you for reaching out with your question.

I am happy to confirm that Shipboard Credit can now be applied toward gratuities aboard our ocean vessels.

Please feel free to reach out should you have any questions before departure. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard Viking Sea in February!

Grrrr...called Viking today and they said "no." Guess I will ask on-board on day 1 and then decide if I use the OBC for the drink package or gratuities.

Thx.

Seems to be conflicting information coming from Viking's Customer Service on this issue. Hopefully the reports of guests actually onboard being able to have their OBC applied to gratuities are correct.

Thanks....wonder if it makes any difference since we are a departure point and not a port call?

All the posts that I have read have been at OSJ - including Departure cruises (Amazon & West Indies) - of course that can all change, but hopefully not.