Epic vs Getaway for Christmas 2018

Lovinglife11

I’ve been on the Getaway and will be back on her in 3 days. Love that ship! I’ve heard bad comments about Epic’s bathroom set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've heard that too and I am a little worried about it.

If you are doing a regular cabin, the Getaway. If you are doing the Haven, I would probably do the Epic. We liked the Epic Haven so much better than the Getaway Haven, though I think the Getaway is the better ship.

We have a balcony cabin (not crazy about the bathroom setup). Why do you think the Getaway is the better ship?

The Epic Christmas cruise is quite a bit cheaper than the Getaway. We've sailed on both ships and liked both of them. Given the cost difference, I'd go with the Epic.

The Epic is definitely the better deal cost wise, but I don't know that it's the better ship. My husband loved the Waterfront area on the Breakaway and that is one reason he'd rather go on the Getaway.

We have a balcony cabin (not crazy about the bathroom setup). Why do you think the Getaway is the better ship?

We liked the Waterfront and would miss that if we sail on the Epic. Plus, I don't want to sail into Orlando in order to get to the Epic. At least, not without lots of alcohol and/or noise cancelling head phones. :cool:

I’ve been on the Getaway and will be back on her in 3 days. Love that ship! I’ve heard bad comments about Epic’s bathroom set up.

We just sailed on the Epic the week before Christmas. Have never sailed with NCL before. We had a balcony cabin. Even though the bathroom was a funky set up it was not a big deal for us. But there was just the 2 of us and we’re married. The lighting in the cabin is amazing and there’s TONS of storage. We didn’t care for the content of the complimentary shows, but they were very well done. We absolutely LOVED our time on the Epic. There was so much to do if you wanted. Our itinerary also had 3 days at sea which we thoroughly enjoyed! Some people complained about the pool deck area. It wasn’t ideal but it wasn’t horrible. The pools aren’t very large for the size of the ship. We honestly didn’t use the pools much anyway so we didn’t care. Let us know what you decide!

I have done the Epic 3 times at Christmas and the Getaway 2 times the same week. Don't think I would do the Epic again for the simple reason that I found traveling out of Port Canaveral to be a disaster. The Getaway is a much nicaer ship in my opinion and I love the waterfront on deck 8.