Divina YC January 3-14 - better than ever!

Bossa Nova

For anyone else concerned that the Divina YC experience may have lost its charm with departure of crew to Seaside, I can tell you from the cruise underway that it is better than ever. I also see no signs yet that they are changing the atmosphere to be less European. The crewmembers are either really enjoying their jobs, or doing an amazing job of fooling me into thinking they do. The YC and Le Muse are fully staffed and most of the crew I spoke with have years of proud service with MSC. Some of the characters in the dining room: Antonio, Noel, Pasquale, Duncan; butlers: Lulu, Rupert. More to follow!

For anyone else concerned that the Divina YC experience may have lost its charm with departure of crew to Seaside, I can tell you from the cruise underway that it is better than ever. I also see no signs yet that they are changing the atmosphere to be less European. The crewmembers are either really enjoying their jobs, or doing an amazing job of fooling me into thinking they do. The YC and Le Muse are fully staffed and most of the crew I spoke with have years of proud service with MSC. Some of the characters in the dining room: Antonio, Noel, Pasquale, Duncan; butlers: Lulu, Rupert. More to follow!

Is Arthur still at Le Muse on Divina or did he move to Seaside?

Good to hear.:)

Arthur is on Seaside and as great as ever!

Tell Arthur all his Divina friends are looking forward to seeing him on seaside!

We also really enjoyed the Maitre D' on Divina, a lovely Italian gentleman who made homemade pasta on a burner in the dining room. Can't recall his name. Did he also move over?

Tell Arthur all his Divina friends are looking forward to seeing him on seaside!

We also really enjoyed the Maitre D' on Divina, a lovely Italian gentleman who made homemade pasta on a burner in the dining room. Can't recall his name. Did he also move over?

Wish she could. She was on the 12/23 sailing and I don't think she did a b2b but I could be wrong.

Correct - wish I could have stayed, but came back to the cold in the northeast. It was great to have Arthur onboard but seating in his section was in high demand. When people had complaints in other areas, they moved them into Arthur's section and we got bumped to another section by the third night, unfortunately. It took two more nights before we returned because we pretty much demanded it. We recognized several others in YC but not as many as we thought we'd see. The Maitre'D was from our Divina cruise a few years ago, but not the same Robert who we had in August.

Wish she could. She was on the 12/23 sailing and I don't think she did a b2b but I could be wrong.

Sadly, Baptista wasn't onboard but another bartender who knew my husband's favorite drink was!

We had a great week but it was very different than the Divina. We didn't meet our butler until day 5 upon my request bc of some issues. Ratio on Divina was 1:12 butlers. On Seaside it was 1:26. Absolutely impossible to provide anywhere near the same service or experience.

What about Baptista the bar tender?

You've been a bit quiet about your Seaside YC trip.;p

Sadly, Baptista wasn't onboard but another bartender who knew my husband's favorite drink was!

We had a great week but it was very different than the Divina. We didn't meet our butler until day 5 upon my request bc of some issues. Ratio on Divina was 1:12 butlers. On Seaside it was 1:26. Absolutely impossible to provide anywhere near the same service or experience.

That is not good to hear. While we didn't ask for much of butler in room, it was nice to have them around the pool and lounge and to take you on/off the ship. If the service isn't very good it will put off all the NCL suite guests jumping over to try NCL only mitigated somewhat by crazy high NCL suite prices.