Ordering Luggage Tags

pbrady

We just returned from the Equinox. I just went online and printed out our tags. What is the difference between ordering them by mail and printing them out?

The tags mailed are self adhesive. For some of us we prefer to receive the luggage tags in the mail from Celebrity. A little bit of tradition.

We just returned from the Equinox. I just went online and printed out our tags. What is the difference between ordering them by mail and printing them out?

The mailed one are like airline tags, looped through a handle and the two ends adhered to one another. Just don't put them on until heading to the port.

The mailed one are like airline tags, looped through a handle and the two ends adhered to one another. Just don't put them on until heading to the port.

On all of our cruises we've printed one per page, folded to strengthen then stapled to the handle. Never had a problem.

The tags that you order by mail are like the luggage tags provided at the port;

the kind that slip right on and need no printing, no folding, no cutting, no stapling or taping, no holder.

The main difference is that it takes a few seconds to write in our cabin number on the tags provided at the port, while the tags that are ordered by mail already have our cabin number pre-printed on them.

But if we change cabins at the last minute, we end up crossing out the old number and writing in the new one anyway.

Edited by varoo

Yes.

It is quick and easy -- takes only a few seconds to fill out and attach each tag at the port.

Or the porters will tag them for you, if you give them a bag that has not been tagged.

Whichever way you choose to tag your bags will be fine, just so that each bag placed on the porter's luggage cart has a tag with your cabin number on it.

Can be quick and easy but can cause you to be separated from your group and many, many people behind the rest in line. This has happened to us on X. Never again. I could not print them myself the time we didn't have prior to getting to the port. Don't mind to print if the website works but it doesn't always work.

...........Can be quick and easy but can cause you to be separated from your group and many, many people behind the rest in line. This has happened to us on X. Never again........

In all our years of cruising, we have never encountered the situation you describe of being separated from our group due to checking luggage.

If we are at a port where there is a line for checking luggage, our group stays together until we all check our bags in (except for carry-ons) before going through port security.

At other ports the porters come right over to our vehicle as soon as we pull up, take our bags, tag them and load them on their carts, so there is no waiting in line to check luggage at all.

Sometimes our group may get separated while going through security, or afterwards, for various reasons, but that has nothing to do with tagging or checking in luggage.

An Easy way to do and not stress is to print yourself. Then order cruise luggage tags from Amazon. They have specific sizes for different lines. Very easy and very neat, they will not fall off.

One of mine did and my luggage ended up at Guest Services. :D

I read today, on my Roll Call, that Celebrity is having trouble printing the tags. The Captain's Club said that they can send out blank adhesive luggage labels (without name and number) and one could write/print/fill out their own information. Easier just to print my own on large adhesive printer labels.