Liberty 1-7 to 1-14. My Take

Thanks for the review. Can you give some more detail on the weather? I know it has been cold in Galveston. How long did it take to warm up as you were going south. Were the pools usable on the 1st sea day at all?

It all depends on the given time. We sailed mid December, and it was absolutely beautiful. We were at the pool all day the first sea day and last. But I have sailed at roughly the same time in years past, and it was cold on the way out and back in. Just depends on the weather that week.

We are sailing 4/1/18. Galveston is not our first choice of port, but we decided to fly in to San Antonio to visit family first, then drive down to Houston/Galveston Saturday evening so we can board on Sunday. Any comments on what we might expect in terms of weather? I understand we might not be able to make use of the pool on embarkation day, but hopefully can at least hit the hot tubs, and enjoy some mini-golf and the rock wall, followed by the pools and slides for the first sea day.

Thanks for your review - I agree on much you said. We sailed 10/29/17. The Promenade would be fine if they wouldn't have those blasted kiosks out there at night! We too found the staff to be great with only one exception - a really nasty bartender in Olive or Twist.

alpha - the Diamond Lounge is nice - it can tend to get crowded depending on how many D's are onboard.

We're ready to head back in just over 3 months!

April should be relatively warm - if not day one then the next day.

Thank you for your review. I am going with bestie on 4-8-2018, our 2nd time on this ship.

We have been Diamond members last 2 cruises.

Anyone comment on the Diamond club in this ship?

We find the diamond club very austere compared to other diamond clubs. Service is fine. initial overcrowding that always occurs until after early diners leave.

We are sailing 4/1/18. .... I understand we might not be able to make use of the pool on embarkation day, but hopefully can at least hit the hot tubs, and enjoy some mini-golf and the rock wall, followed by the pools and slides for the first sea day.

Sailed out of Galveston twice in January previous years. Both times the afternoon of the first sea day was very nice but the afternoon of the last sea day it started to cool down. I went to the hot tubs both embarkation days. In April I would think by mid morning of 1st sea day the weather should be good. Sailed mid May last year and it warmed up nicely an hour or two after sunrise on the 1st and cooled off around the same time before sunset on the last sea day. Enjoy.

Sailed out of Galveston twice in January previous years. Both times the afternoon of the first sea day was very nice but the afternoon of the last sea day it started to cool down. I went to the hot tubs both embarkation days. In April I would think by mid morning of 1st sea day the weather should be good. Sailed mid May last year and it warmed up nicely an hour or two after sunrise on the 1st and cooled off around the same time before sunset on the last sea day. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info! We will have our 8 year old daughter with us, so are glad that we can likely look forward to decent temps for most of the cruise. There seems to be a good amount of activities on board, so I think we'll be able to entertain her until it warms enough for the pools/water slides.

Did a slide one time. Was disappointed it was so slow. Either I’m too big at 230 or there was just not near enough water running. Had to assist myself to get going at times.

Thanks for the great review. The slide on the left is slower. The trick is to fling yourself on the start, lay down flat, put your weight on your heels and shoulders and lift up your bottom/bathing suit off of the slide. The more clothing you keep off the slide the faster you will go. I see people going down sitting up and it takes them a loooooong time.

Thanks for the great review. The slide on the left is slower. The trick is to fling yourself on the start, lay down flat, put your weight on your heels and shoulders and lift up your bottom/bathing suit off of the slide. The more clothing you keep off the slide the faster you will go. I see people going down sitting up and it takes them a loooooong time.

Yep, was the left slide and I sat up like you are saying. I'm too old to know how to do those things.