wwcruisers

Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

Ever since we joined the early sign-up queue, I've been popping over, checking to see if there is any more 'news', since ship-tease -- sadly, nothing. I'm also checking the VV website, regularly. But, since neither DH nor I do FB, we don't have access to that info. So, if anyone sees any new press releases -- or even any well founded rumors ;), please post them here. Thanks! :cool:

Seems very quiet at the moment.......there must be some announcements coming soon.......hopefully :p

Seems very quiet at the moment.......there must be some announcements coming soon.......hopefully :p

Let's hope so! Right now, 2020 seems like a long way off!:ship::(

Let's hope so! Right now, 2020 seems like a long way off!:ship::(

It sure does.....

Just popping in to clear out some of the cobwebs, here -- lol!;) But, as i'm getting ready for our upcoming Smooth Jazz Cruise (charter), I keep wondering what the live entertainment on Virgin will be like? Any ideas, or even better, rumors -- about what we might expect? :confused:

I saw that news blurb, but couldn't place 'Plantation' -- on Google Maps it looks like it's between Ft. Lauderdale and the Everglades. Glad to see that they are getting their shore-side operation established! :D

Thanks for posting that! Love the description of the design as being "red, white, and quirky"! Also, the red "Dr Who" phone booth, was a special touch! I can hardly wait to see what the ship interior looks like! :D

Thanks Cruisehabits. I read the article and the one statement surprised me....that sales would start by the end of this year. On another article I read about the staffing of the sales force it was stated sales would start in the UK around August.

Adding to my bewilderment, VV responded to my query on Facebook about timing for the ship....Thay said they hoped to start up the summer of 2020. Then the ahead of VV made a statement that the ship should be delivered early 2020. So at this point I don’t know what to expect....but I plan on getting on that ship regardless.

I may have photos if i can at first find out how to determine what ships are presently being built at the Geneva Fincantieri shipyard.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

I doubt that's virgins as keel was only laid few months ago

Edited by The_0neuk

Keep the info coming, Guys! Even a well-researched rumor is better than a vacuum (IMHO)! Really wish Virgin would release some more details -- maybe when they get their new corporate hdqtrs up and running.....:confused:

That's nice... however that's the last thing I need when on a cruise.

I must admit I prefer to “unplug”. I see an increasing amount of people on ships using their iPads, phones and laptops .....

I always feel the social end of a cruise makes everything special. Meeting people from other places and walks of life is fun, educational and adds to the luxury of cruising. I’m not criticizing the internet addicts.....I am slowly reducing my phone time having recognized i seldom put it down....but to sit at dinner with people on their phones either texting or talking.....just plain rude.

Now you can internet while snorkeling....heaven forbid you should experience the serenity of the moment.

It’s just my opinion, but I’ll leave my devices in the cabin and enjoy the people, music, sights.

Well if it was a joke, they got me good. But considering hoe “tech” ships are becoming, using you device to make onboard reservations, look up daily schedules and even place meal orders via your phone.....maybe the joke isn’t that far off. But they got me just the same.

Well if it was a joke, they got me good. But considering hoe “tech” ships are becoming, using you device to make onboard reservations, look up daily schedules and even place meal orders via your phone.....maybe the joke isn’t that far off. But they got me just the same.��

LOL, RMS -- at least we'll be sailing with a cruise line that has a sense of humor! ;)

Thank for posting that, Cruisehabits!:halo: Sounds like some interesting folks, who will be responsible for the ship's design. Hope we get some more details, later this week (the 16th)! :cool:

Ahoy Future Sailors,

Since you're among the exclusive few on our pre-sale list, we thought it only right that we reach out to you first with our latest ship reveal news. On May 16th, we'll be #ShipTeasing some of our favorite interior and exterior ship designs in NYC with yet another Virgin Voyages reveal event.

Meant to feel transformative and evocative the entire ship will be adorned with sleek and glamorous yacht-like aesthetics, and this event will offer a glimpse into some of our favorites, including our immaculately designed public VIP space.

The celebration will be broadcast on Facebook Live so log in early for a party you won't want to miss. Just tell the door person you're on the list. :)

See you May 16th at 7pm!

Cheers,

Virgin Voyages

Sadly, those of us who don't do F/B ('live' or otherwise) will miss out on this. Hoping that some of our very kind posters (and you know who you are ;)) will pop over and tell us all about the 'big reveal', tomorrow. :cool:

A replay is now available. You do not need to be a FB member to view.

https://virg.in/DesignEvent

Actually, it appears that you do. Clicking on that link just takes you to a FB sign-in page. :( But, thanks for trying.:halo:

We've all been enjoying the wonderful still photos that came out of today's presentation! :cool:

Actually, it appears that you do. Clicking on that link just takes you to a FB sign-in page. :( But, thanks for trying.:halo:

We've all been enjoying the wonderful still photos that came out of today's presentation! :cool:

All you have to do is close the login popup. I know it works because I'm not a FB member and still watched the whole thing. It helps to have the commentary because it explains what you're seeing in the renderings.

:halo::halo:

All you have to do is close the login popup. I know it works because I'm not a FB member and still watched the whole thing. It helps to have the commentary because it explains what you're seeing in the renderings.

Just tried that. Was able to close the pop-up 'FB sign-in/log-on' page, but when I clicked on the 'play arrow' -- all I got was a message that the video would be starting "shortly". All I got after that was another FB login pop-up. :mad:

Oh well, I'm sure that in a couple of days, the video will be available on some travel-site link, or U-tube. You're right though, some explanations to go with the pictures, would be immensely helpful! :cool:

The bow of Virgin Voyage's Scarlet Lady.02f62ded960f3fac0cea9d137ab30b1d.jpg

Thanks for the picture update Lloyd555.

She has a name! [emoji4]

I’m sure cruising on her will be a unique experience and I’m very much looking forward to it!

Safe travels to all! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love the picture, but where did you learn the name? We signed up for e-mails, when we joined the 'pre-deposit queue'. But, so far at least, we are getting virtually NO information. Since we don't do F/B, we seem to pretty much be out-of-the-loop. :(

Love the picture, but where did you learn the name? We signed up for e-mails, when we joined the 'pre-deposit queue'. But, so far at least, we are getting virtually NO information. Since we don't do F/B, we seem to pretty much be out-of-the-loop. :(
Learned the name from the photo from the ship yard. [emoji16]

Click on the picture to enlarge it a bit.....then look just above the black strip on the hull.....it’s just above it.

I’m sure this is not the reveal VV was intending 🧐

Click on the picture to enlarge it a bit.....then look just above the black strip on the hull.....it’s just above it.

I’m sure this is not the reveal VV was intending 🧐

Covered up now.

4c78858d51666f6522488e063bba1e6b.jpg

But, great detective work, Lloyd (and Cruisehabits)! Thanks for posting that! :D