Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

Virgin Voyages continues to post and release new teases of Scarlet Lady, the first ever Virgin cruise ship. We’ve been treated with a shiny new look at the beach club venue.

Scarlet Lady Beach Club

A new rendering video posted by Virgin Voyages shows us the beach club venue located aft of the ship. This chilled out club is named “The Dock” and is an area which offers guests stunning ocean views and ways to relax. Virgin previously released a rendering image of the area but this is the first time we get to see a video.

The Dock which has been visioned by the minds behind Roman & Williams features two bars and an array of carts full of Mediterranean inspired plates. There will be lush loungers and natural decor which compliment all those stunning sunsets from the very aft of the ship.

Virgin Voyages is constantly releasing new details about Scarlet Lady which is currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard in Genoa, Italy. The adults-only vessel will arrive in 2020 as the first ship in the fleet and starting a new era for the cruise line which is based in Fort Lauderdale.

33 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It seems to me like she is really far along for a ship that is not supposed to sail till 2020. The progress seems about the same as Spectrum of the Seas which comes out in April next year. 

You make a very good point. According to some order books she is scheduled for spring 2020. 

One observation I see is that the forward facing cabins around the bow may have steel balconies instead of glass. After having sailed on MSC Seaside with a cabin that also had a steel balcony, I wouldn't do it again. There was no visibility of the sea when you laid back on a lounger, plus you had to be tall to see over the balcony to see the sea. Hope the rest of the ship has decent size balconies. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

Lloyd - Thanks for the photos. One thing for certain is that those who have an aft facing cabin don't have to worry about someone above looking down into their balcony. For privacy, the aft design works well. 

That's a very good feature! However, the aft-facing cabins don't appear to be directly over the water, as in the more 'traditional' stern designs. Not sure that you'll be able to hear that delightful 'waterfall' sound, made by the ships aft propeller. :classic_huh:

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The new terminal seems to be right around the corner from RCCL's Terminal G - from the map and the rendering above, it seems to be a real tight fit.

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.00.24 AM.png

Definitely seems tight. If I'm reading correct numbers, it looks like the ship's length will be 912 feet. 

IIRC, the Bimini Superfast used to use the existing terminal in this location (still does?)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Alot of people seem unimpressed with the renderings so far - I like them.  And so far, the first two details they've released that I love are NO KIDS (yay!) and no buffets or main dining rooms (and no upcharge for food).  My only question is wondering how they will handle dining for 2700+ -  will there be any reservations?  Will it be for some of the eating venues, but not for others?  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Can't wait to see deck plans, room plans, and what the price point will be!

2 hours ago, butterfly529 said:

Alot of people seem unimpressed with the renderings so far - I like them.  And so far, the first two details they've released that I love are NO KIDS (yay!) and no buffets or main dining rooms (and no upcharge for food).  My only question is wondering how they will handle dining for 2700+ -  will there be any reservations?  Will it be for some of the eating venues, but not for others?  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Can't wait to see deck plans, room plans, and what the price point will be!

I was really curious and excited to see what they could bring to the table but I really am unimpressed with most of the renderings. Celebrity edge is breathtaking and so have paid more to go on it.

My concern is for the customers, but more for the staff when dealing with non-buffet/custom order scenario. Embarkation/disembarkation/excursion/lectures are busy enough when there's a buffet and that's instant serve. Trying to take individual orders when customers are shirty enough is gonna be horrendous for the staff! X

Edited by johnnylikely

8 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

I was really curious and excited to see what they could bring to the table but I really am unimpressed with most of the renderings. Celebrity edge is breathtaking and so have paid more to go on it.

My concern is for the customers, but more for the staff when dealing with non-buffet/custom order scenario. Embarkation/disembarkation/excursion/lectures are busy enough when there's a buffet and that's instant serve. Trying to take individual orders when customers are shirty enough is gonna be horrendous for the staff! X

Well, I think as far as quickness of food - it seems like there are some venues that are "sort of" self serve, like the Bread type place.  So they won't just throw food out on a buffet, but have manned stations to serve ready to eat food.  But like I said, it will be interesting to see how this plays out! :)

35 minutes ago, butterfly529 said:

Well, I think as far as quickness of food - it seems like there are some venues that are "sort of" self serve, like the Bread type place.  So they won't just throw food out on a buffet, but have manned stations to serve ready to eat food.  But like I said, it will be interesting to see how this plays out! 🙂

True- the proof of the buffet will be in the eating! It'll either crush the staff so they'll have to reassess or it'll start a new trend- which would horrible as I'm quite picky and love the buffet- also good for my baby nephew!

8 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

For those with pre-sale deposits, booking will be available on February 5.

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/five-big-shipteases-virgin-voyages

Oh dear -- that's just heart-stopping, seeing as how we have no information on cabins, itineraries, or prices, so far! I'm a little worried that those of us who forked over our pre-deposit $$ (over a year ago) are going to find ourselves rushed into making last-minute decisions -- with very little information to go on! 😞

10 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.00.24 AM.png

Definitely seems tight. If I'm reading correct numbers, it looks like the ship's length will be 912 feet. 

IIRC, the Bimini Superfast used to use the existing terminal in this location (still does?)

With this sample picture you show, can two big ships occupy that corner simultaneously? Maybe they are planning on adding to the docking apron extending it outwards.

4 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Oh dear -- that's just heart-stopping, seeing as how we have no information on cabins, itineraries, or prices, so far! I'm a little worried that those of us who forked over our pre-deposit $$ (over a year ago) are going to find ourselves rushed into making last-minute decisions -- with very little information to go on! 😞

Trying to optimistic myself, Mr Branson knows what he's doing (I hope!).  Besides I met someone on here and it's like magic if it all work out!  :classic_love: 

2 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Trying to optimistic myself, Mr Branson knows what he's doing (I hope!).  Besides I met someone on here and it's like magic if it all work out!  :classic_love: 

The worst that can happen is we'll have a good cruise! ♥️

13 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

With this sample picture you show, can two big ships occupy that corner simultaneously? 

They may have to - RCCL uses Terminal G pretty often, though perhaps by 2021 (when Virgin's terminal is due to finish) they can agree not be there on Scarlet Lady's (and subsequent ships) turn around day.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:32 AM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Some news this morning:

Bookings open on February 14th. 

Brand new terminal in PortMiami: https://www.virginvoyages.com/article/portmiami.

Just curious -- where did you find the booking dates (regular & pre-sale)? Maybe I'm missing something in the article, but I can't find anything in it, or on the website, with that info. My DH got an e-mail from VV yesterday, but it just had the same port info in it. I don't do social media, so I'm wondering if this was on FB?

7 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Just curious -- where did you find the booking dates (regular & pre-sale)? Maybe I'm missing something in the article, but I can't find anything in it, or on the website, with that info. My DH got an e-mail from VV yesterday, but it just had the same port info in it. I don't do social media, so I'm wondering if this was on FB?

This was included in my email:

We're going on sale!

Since we're already feeling the love, Pre-Sale Deposit Holders will be able to book passage aboard our Scarlet Lady starting February 5th, 2019. We will be open for business for all sailors beginning February 14th, 2019.

The February 14th general booking window was also posted on social media.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

1 minute ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

This was included in my email:

We're going on sale!

Since we're already feeling the love, Pre-Sale Deposit Holders will be able to book passage aboard our Scarlet Lady starting February 5th, 2019. We will be open for business for all sailors beginning February 14th, 2019.

The February 14th general booking window was also posted on social media.

Not happy to hear that, since our e-mail did not include that important little tidbit. They've had our $$ for over a year now -- and I'm starting to wonder if they even know that we're 'on the list'? But, thanks for posting the info. If it weren't for the great posters who share information on this board, I'd TOTALLY be in the dark, right now!