Meeting for shore excursions booked thru HAL

Syl4peace

Booked my tours thru HAL.

If you arrive in port at 7:00am and your tour starts at 7:30am, is that enough time.

A few of my tours start half an hour after we arrive in port, what about customs doesn't that take time.

Do I need to cancel my tours because they are so close to arrival in port time?

Should we time our meeting 1/2 an hour before stated time?

Where would we meet?

Thank you for any help.

If you arrive in port at 7:00am and your tour starts at 7:30am, is that enough time.

A few of my tours start half an hour after we arrive in port, what about customs doesn't that take time.

Do I need to cancel my tours because they are so close to arrival in port time?

Should we time our meeting 1/2 an hour before stated time?

Where would we meet?

Thank you for any help.

Your tour tickets will be in your stateroom with all the information about meeting times and place. No worries.

If you booked your tours through HAL, it shouldn't be an issue. They will provide you with information on when and where to meet.

They will not let anyone get off the ship until local customs has cleared the ship, so the tours will not leave if no one is off the ship. Customs clearance is usually fairly quick and announcement will be made when passengers are allowed to go ashore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Relax, and don't cancel any tours. When you get to your cabin on embarkation day (or shortly thereafter), you will receive your tour tickets in a bright pink envelope. Your meeting time and place for each tour will be printed on the ticket. Often it's in the show lounge. Don't worry about your tour times being half an hour after port arrival. HAL will have it all worked out; this isn't their first rodeo.

You don't say where you're sailing so can't answer about customs/immigration.

For tours where the ship docks, your tickets will indicate a time you meet -- either shore or in a lounge on the ship. They ask you to be there about 10 minutes before the excursion begins.

There is no customs or immigration to worry about -- only exception is if you visit Key West at the end of your cruise -- then you will have immigration.

For tender ports, again your tickets will tell you to report to a certain lounge 10 minutes early. Once a tender arrives at the gangway, each tour is called down by number and color of tag that you get in the lounge.

We like to arrive about 15 minutes early in case there are any special announcements.

Thank you for any help.

It must be noted that the port time is the time passengers should be allowed to depart the ship. Ships are often docked 30 minutes before the port time to allow for port clearance to happen.

If you want to get pictures of the port area, it is best to have your camera at the ready about an hour before the port time on your booking documents. If you have a balcony, Room Service breakfast there is a nice start for the day as you enter the port vicinity.

In the past year we have noticed major changes in HAL shore excursions - sometimes we meet in the show room, some times at the dock and walk to the bus and sometimes at the designated bus. Some times we have ID stickers and more often we do not and just hand the ticket to the tour guide, who then sticks to counting attendance.

One advantage for the stickers (besides the noted disadvantages) is finding other tour group members if we get "lost" in larger settings. What we do instead is ID a few memorable clothing items on some of our tour group members to make sure we end up leaving when they leave if we get separated.

For tours where the ship docks, your tickets will indicate a time you meet -- either shore or in a lounge on the ship. They ask you to be there about 10 minutes before the excursion begins.

There is no customs or immigration to worry about -- only exception is if you visit Key West at the end of your cruise -- then you will have immigration.

Krazy Kruisers - our cruise ends in FLL but we stop in Key West. Will we need to go thru customs at FLL or does the KeyWest Stop fulfill that requirement?

The ship was three hours late getting to one of our ports, and no worries. They held the excursion for us.

The only hassle was the tour staff. They kept rushing us, and cut some stops short. They had some trouble with "timing out." Which meant they started their time when the staff arrived, not when the tour started.

New Zealand has a lot of regulations.