Annoying Photographers

crooooze

we befriended a photographer on the Legend and learned that these workers are highly pressured by Carnival to take more and more pictures. They are measured by the number of photos taken, not bought.

BE KIND TO THE CREW. HAVE YOU EVER WORKED FOR A CRAPPY BOSS?

Sometimes we stop for a photo, sometimes we don't. If we're not interested, we avoid eye contact and keep a steady pace. If approached, we simply say no thanks. We've actually had some pretty good gangway photos, I just wish they would do them all once you actually get off the gangway. It is annoying to be in a hurry to meet your excursion and have to wait behind multiple people getting their picture taken.

We made friends with a photographer on a trip with me and two of my young adult daughters. One of my daughters is quite tall and this photographer, Dennis, was quite short. They enjoyed good naturedly teasing each other with "giant" and "shrimp" the whole voyage. We would always stop and pose for his photos just for the fun banter. At one of his backdrops, Dennis got another photographer to take a photo of him with us. We only bought one or two photos that trip and were surprised to find the photo of us with Dennis included as a gift from him. It always makes us smile and brings back fun memories.

A simple solution is book cruises on other lines. (Carnival is the only one that blocks gangways) Carnival is know for their desperation of trying to get every last penny out of you, and it has been evident for years, as they force you in lines, blocking progress for the many who just wants to get a good seat at Sr. Frogs.

So you have never been on a Royal Caribbean cruise where photogs are allowed to totally block a staircase.