First time in a suite

moki'smommy

Don't stress over not being able to book Crown Grill in advance. Since you are in a suite, they will make your desired time work for you. Just call, that is, if they don't call you first!

Most of the time we've done our swaps through room service. However on some ships the stewards will do it for you when you are in a suite. I found that to be true on the Emerald in October. Ask your steward if they will do the swap for you when you meet with them. It will definitely save you hold time with room service.

I agree room attendant has done swap out when we have been in a suite as well.

Best amenity I like is afternoon tea on the balcony....unfortunately princess suites do not have a dining table. except on the balcony...but having tea there is a must....IMHO.

Enjoy!

We didn't get corsage or button hole rose on our last 2 cruises, perhaps they've gone or going.

Given on Emerald...Nov. 26th, Mexican Rivera.

What I miss is the beautiful fresh flower arrangements...one time we had the most beautiful single red rose on the bathroom sink I must have taken 20 photos of it.

OP you'll have an incredible time....just be careful..... so many draws sometimes you can't remember where you put items:D

We were on the Ruby the first week of January and had a fresh flower bouquet in the sitting area! No more lanky potted orchid. Are they going back to the flower arrangement?

Maybe u were just special......actually because of club class????...just Orchid on Emerald, Nov. 2017

We were on the Ruby the first week of January and had a fresh flower bouquet in the sitting area! No more lanky potted orchid. Are they going back to the flower arrangement?
Maybe u were just special......actually because of club class????...just Orchid on Emerald, Nov. 2017

We had the potted orchid in our suite last month on the Royal. We also had an orchid spray in a bud vase in the bathroom. We also received the boutonnières on the first formal night. We did not receive them on the second one. They were each one red rose with some baby's breath in a corsage box. We also got to keep the arrangement from our Ultimate Balcony Dinner for the remainder of the cruise. It was three roses (a pink and two cream ones) in a vase with baby's breath. (It was not the best floral arrangement we've had for an UBD.)

We got the two bottles of water every day after the first day. They started piling up, and we ended up leaving several unopened ones behind.

We did not try afternoon tea on the balcony. (Is it different from the Elite afternoon tea?) We also did not order the daily canapés.

We had the potted orchid in our suite last month on the Royal. We also had an orchid spray in a bud vase in the bathroom. We also received the boutonnières on the first formal night. We did not receive them on the second one. They were each one red rose with some baby's breath in a corsage box. We also got to keep the arrangement from our Ultimate Balcony Dinner for the remainder of the cruise. It was three roses (a pink and two cream ones) in a vase with baby's breath. (It was not the best floral arrangement we've had for an UBD.)

We got the two bottles of water every day after the first day. They started piling up, and we ended up leaving several unopened ones behind.

We did not try afternoon tea on the balcony. (Is it different from the Elite afternoon tea?) We also did not order the daily canapés.

The canapes...are just not pleasant anymore...:( about 1/2 the size and no flavor....

Tea is the same...

Edited by land lover

Hi everyone; let me give you a run down of what we received in our suite last July. We were in a two bedroom family suite. On embarkation day; we were the first to board; We were on emerald princess; I walked down to crown grill and made a dinner reservation; they were very accommodating and said whatever you want you get; they also told us to come back for breakfast; the breakfast menu in crown grill is small; but you can order whatever you want and they will make it; so don't worry about what is listed on menu. You can swap out your mini bar; we just told our room steward and he called room service; they arrived within twenty minutes; they swapped out our mini bar for sodas. Since we had two teens we got rid of the booze. They restocked our sodas all week and we were not charged for anything. four bottles of water per day was delivered; along with a fruit basket and hor dourver's every day. My wife and granddaughter each had a corsage for the first formal night; along with free dry cleaning. Club Class dining was great; we were seated witihin a minute; so never waited for a table. We also received a invitation to go to the elite lounge every night. All the perks were very nice. Since this was a two bedroom suite; both our grandkids and us received matching perks. There were usually two fruit baskets and two plates of snacks every day. We ordered breakfast through room service once; it arrived ontime and was hot.

I do not care for the orchids and really miss the fresh flowers. Hope they are coming back.

They probably do not make much money selling flowers so would not doubt if they go away. They use to have a table set up almost nightly as you walked in the atrium with several examples of what you could order. I have not seen that in a couple years. I haven't seen a flowers shop set up as part of the chocolate shop either.

I wonder what they are putting in the grand suites? We did 28 days in one and absolutely loved the flowers. In the entrance there were two huge arrangements, a large one on the buffet and also the bathroom. They brought new ones after the second week. We had the balcony dinner several times so we also had those arrangements. Just beautiful!

Our cabin steward replaced our shampoo, conditioner, soap in our suite on the Royal in Dec 2017. You will also get the Princess Lotion. We needed a few more bars of soap and I left our cabin steward a note and he left them and always saw that we had all of those extras when things were running low. The suite life was sweet! You will love it! We normally dine at a large table of cruisers at the late seating. We had to get accustomed to the CC Dining with our two person table. We met a family in Sabatini's our first morning and they invited us to dine with them for three evening meals in CC. Geoherb and I will be in a balcony cabin in a few weeks on the Regal. After reading this post I am realizing that I'm going to miss the suite life!

Our cabin steward replaced our shampoo, conditioner, soap in our suite on the Royal in Dec 2017. You will also get the Princess Lotion. We needed a few more bars of soap and I left our cabin steward a note and he left them and always saw that we had all of those extras when things were running low. The suite life was sweet! You will love it! We normally dine at a large table of cruisers at the late seating. We had to get accustomed to the CC Dining with our two person table. We met a family in Sabatini's our first morning and they invited us to dine with them for three evening meals in CC. Geoherb and I will be in a balcony cabin in a few weeks on the Regal. After reading this post I am realizing that I'm going to miss the suite life!

Thanks...I think I can't wait.

Said goodbye to one of my cruise buddies this evening with, "Well, the next time I see you will be in Ft. Lauderdale."

Basic question. Is a mini suite on Princess actually considered to be a "suite" with amenities as outlined in this thread -- a complimentary dinner, etc.? Thank you. I've booked a mini suite on a short coastal cruise -- just to try it and surprise my DH. Your input is appreciated.

No' date=' a mini-suite is not considered a suite. Basically what you get with a mini-suite is a bigger cabin.[/quote']

As is a suite.

Nothing special at all. Not worth the extra dollars and they assign you the laziest staff.

Annie

As is a suite.

Nothing special at all. Not worth the extra dollars and they assign you the laziest staff.

Annie

I'm surprised to hear this. When I sailed on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016 Sydney-Melbourne in the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, the Steward was great IMHO. Came to introduce himself, offering the glass of Sparkling wine-unfortunately I forgot I'd taken an anti-nausea tablet and gave myself a right headache through my forgetfulness-bad history of train sickness as a kid, and my cousins brought me partway by car, then we finished the journey by train as parking near the Overseas Passenger Terminal in Sydney is a right challenge.

He noticed I'm short so politely suggested he put a lifejacket on the end of the bed ready for Muster Drill then provided me coupons to redeem my Pre-Paid On Board Purchases-Canapes, and Gifts and told me how to signal him I had left the Suite so he could do his work without disturbing me. I gave him a Consumate Host nomination and showed him what I'd written about him, he was stunned I thought so highly of his anticipating where I could have trouble reaching items and moving them to a lower shelf so I could manage for myself.

In 38 weeks I shall be aboard the Golden Princess, sailing down the East Coast of Australia. Can you tell I'm excited and counting down the days?

The part about the staff is not good to hear....but in our case the cabin was a complimentary upgrade' date=' so I can't complain.[/quote']

So was mine - kind of.

Sadly I can only post based on my experience.

Suite not cleaned prior to arrival.

6 hour wait for cabin to be cleaned daily. When I raised my concerns with the steward, he ensured that I noticed the $20 bills In his top pocket.

20 minute wait in Sabatinis for breakfast and I was the only guest in the dining room. Unlike some other suite passengers, I did not tip daily after breakfast service.

Oh yes I did pass on my comments to the concierge.

I worked in hotels during college vacations so I know how things should be done.

Annie