Brief Regal E. Carib. 1/21 review

psternklar

Disembark: easiest ever. Off ship, collect bags, through customs 15 min. Well done Princess!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the plan.....get you off the ship quickly so you can prepare for the next voyage. We are constantly amazed at the efficiencies of the disembarkation staff, even though it's not our favorite time of the cruise but then it's one day closer to the next one.

Thanks for posting your review. What did you do in the ports? We'll be sailing on this itinerary next month.

Princess Cay sat on beach, St Thomas did Coral World come back tour, St Martin did a tour through Bernard’s

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We were also on this cruise. We were with our two adult kids (son and dil) in balconies on Marina deck. Fantastic cruise!! Great entertainment, too!! Production shows are my favorites and there were FOUR plus a Beatlemaniacs performance and two comedy shows.

Son reserved a Sanctuary bungalow on Princess Cays for all of us. 20+ Princess cruises for us and our first time in a private bungalow. It was a nice treat, but I'm too frugal to do it myself.

In St Thomas we just explored the port (again) and did a little shopping.

In St Maarten we all four took the Golden Eagle Catamaran Snorkel & Swim excursion through Princess. It was lots of fun. I put a review of the excursion on the St M board.

Definitely recommend Alfredo's!

We are long time Elite Plus with Celebrity and Elite with Princess. We have cruised on the Regal 3 times in the past 3 years and have found pros and cons (the biggest con is the tiny balconies). We have also cruised Celebrity 3 times in the past 3 years. There is no longer a comparison. Celebrity keeps cutting-back on service, cuisine, and entertainment. Meanwhile we think Princess has actually improved their onboard service which now blows Celebrity out of the water. Celebrity simply seems to be understaffed. We have another long Princess cruise coming in in a few months and no future Celebrity cruises booked (the first time this has happened in recent memory). It might take some major changes in Celebrity management (at the very top) or a 180 in policy...for us to go back to this line.

Is Princess perfect? No...far from it. But right now it is a far superior overall product when compared to Celebrity.

Hank

How did you like the Coral World Comeback Tour? We have it reserved for next month. Thanks.

It was interesting and worth the time. Coral World was severly damaged, do not exepect a "normal" tour. It was great seeing the entusiasim of the staff. Coki Beach is next door, beautiful spot.

It was interesting and worth the time. Coral World was severly damaged, do not exepect a "normal" tour. It was great seeing the entusiasim of the staff. Coki Beach is next door, beautiful spot.

Thank you.

On Princess Cays, are there places to sit in the shade or should I rent a clamshell cover? I appreciate the info.