Cabin door width on royal princess

Optotronics

does anyone know what the standard balcony cabin door is on the royal?

We will be renting a scooter for mom and we want to confirm it will fit into the cabin. Rental company said their scooters are 21"

Thanks

We were recently on the Royal and saw them left in the hallway

Howard

They may have been left in the hallway, but not for more than a few minutes as it a traffic hazzard and against their rules

When I see them at 5:30 AM on my way to HC I think they have been in the hallway for more than a few minutes.

Howard

Wow! DCL has a designated area (a cut out in the hallway where they don't block anything) where the scooter can be

parked and charged overnight. Obviously, someone other than the user would need to take it there and then bring it down the hall to the person who needs it.

I've never seen a standard door on any ship that would allow one to fit thru easily. If she doesn't need to other features of the HA cabins, you might see if there is a designated "parking place" as there won't be much room in the cabin with a scooter in there.

I can't say about the Royal, but I have measured the room door on the Crown at 25 inches for a regular room. I could check the Royal next month. I think that is probably door panel, so about 24 inches clear, and a couple of inches less again for the door in the open position.

There is a current "live from" thread about the Regal which would have the same size door openings as the Royal.

Ask the question on that thread and maybe the poster can check it out for you.

We will be renting a scooter for mom and we want to confirm it will fit into the cabin. Rental company said their scooters are 21"

Thanks

We were just on the Royal a few weeks ago and I did feel that the doors are narrower than other Princess ships that we have been on. (I did not measure the opening as I had nothing to measure it with and we just made things work.) My mother travels with a Walker/Rollator (with a seat) that is 23.75 inches wide, and it was no where near able to be rolled into the room. She is getting older and much more mobility challenged, so the walker has been a great aid for her especially during tours and in the buffet, etc.. It allows us to still cruise with a little modification of what we do. I would have to partially collapse it and manhandle it sideways in the door opening as it was a little awkward given the narrow space of the doorway and little hall area. (One of the reasons I chose a collapsible model for her!) We have only gone on a couple cruises with her walker as she used to be fine with only her cane. Our first cruise with her walker we were put into a handicapped accessible cabin by Princess so we had no problems with the wider door. The cruise on the Royal was our first time in a regular Balcony Cabin with the walker and it was a bit of a pain, but I got used to manhandling it. I then parked the walker right in the closet unfolded. If we were going to be going right back out shortly I just backed the walker up flush to the door and left it out there. (I made sure that it was not in the way of people walking in the hallway, and only left it out for short periods.) I do feel that the hallways by the rooms are a bit narrower on the Royal class as well, but that is just an observation and supposition on my part. There was no way that my mom could get passed the Steward's Carts with the walker, so I usually got clever and moved there carts for Mom to pass, and then moved them back. If the stewards were at the cart they were great about moving them for my Mom to pass. I did notice that there were scooters parked and charging in the elevator lobbies, especially by the staff elevators. Hopefully someone was able to answer your question directly, I just wanted to share our recent experience.

Happy Cruising!!! :D

Mark

• Like 1