Staying at Hampton Inn Brickell -- looking to buy higher-end wine

brookie848

I know we can buy wine at Pubilx and they may have what we want, but is there anywhere in the Brickell area where we can buy a good bottle of champagne? We figure it is less expensive to pay the corkage fee than to purchase it on the ship.

Thanks!

Publix has $5 bottles and $200 bottles. You'll find what you need there. There are two Publix locations in Brickell. The one on SW 13th street has a dedicated liquor store portion. If not there, then just put into your GPS liquor store, there will be several near by. Just never been to any of them or know their selection. I do know Publix has good wine and champaign, I have purchase some good bottles there myself.

a) not all PUBLIX are the same, they tend to cater to the local community. Since we're talking downtown Miami you'll probably find something that will satisfy you ... BUT

b) They don't just mess with selection but prices too. I have 3 publix within 5 miles and a gallon of milk costs different at each, every day. Don't expect great prices. PUBLIX is just about the most expensive place to buy booze IME ... there's local liq store with higher prices but I've never figured out how he stays in business anyway!!!!

just trying to 'manage expectations'

Here is a great wine shop in Brickell which is a short walk from your hotel for wines. it's a nice liquor store and they deliver!!

http://portofinowinebank.com/brickell/

Here is another great store within a short walking distance that has some great wines. They have higher end wines than the Publix will here.

https://www.aficionadosbrickell.com

Both of the Publix stores here in Brickell have a decent wine selection but the Whole Foods in downtown has a bigger and better selection.

Total Wine will deliver from Instacart for a small fee and tip.

There are two Publix near your hotel as mentioned. I have been to both.

I would go to the one near Mary Brickell Village. Nice selection.

Keith

Keith,

Next time you are in town and wine shopping, check out the other 2 stores I posted. They have some really great wines and a much better selection than Publix.

With the thousands of people moving into the Brickell area, I'm starting to find that the Publix stores are changing what wines they are stocking. They seem to be stocking more of the cheaper wines. The Publix on 13th last night had lots of wine missing!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Here is a great wine shop in Brickell which is a short walk from your hotel for wines. it's a nice liquor store and they deliver!!

http://portofinowinebank.com/brickell/

Here is another great store within a short walking distance that has some great wines. They have higher end wines than the Publix will here.

https://www.aficionadosbrickell.com

Both of the Publix stores here in Brickell have a decent wine selection but the Whole Foods in downtown has a bigger and better selection.

Total Wine will deliver from Instacart for a small fee and tip.

Thanks for these suggestions!

We enjoy Whole Foods wine selection. That said, you could also have some wine delivered to your hotel from Total Wine. We did this last month and I just responded to another question on this board. Wine was waiting for us at the W Downtown.