Priority Boarding

hal lover

As of my last cruise I have become a 4 Star Mariner! YAY!

Question: What is Priority boarding? I have seen the signs before but never paid much attention. Does this mean if the line to board is around the outside building that you go first or what?

TIA!

It’s a separate line for 4 & 5 stars and suite customers. Not sure it’s always faster, it depends. After checking in, they have a separate “holding area” and this group is the first allowed on the ship.

We've only had priority three times due to being in a suite, but were always lucky enough to not have to wait after security. We are in a cabin so quickly and I love it. I'm sure we'll experience a long wait at some point. [emoji22]. But even the times we didn't have priority, I felt like everything moved quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We couldn't wait to get Priority Boarding as one of our Four Star perks (okay, it was really the free laundry we pined for) but find that we always take the first hotel shuttle and are among the first to check in anyway. We went with friends last month who do not get Priority Boarding and they got to the check in desk before we did!

:) No one says you must go tto the priority l line. We are five star and have been as long as They have had such a thing.When we see another line is moving faster than the priority, line, we leave priority and go to the faster line. ;)

Priority Boarding sometimes turns out to be anything but! And the process can even be humorous (remember, you will soon be aboard and the boarding process will be a memory). We have done multiple long cruises (including 2 Grand Cruises) on the Prinsendam (our favorite HAL vessel). The last time we boarded the Prinsendam was at Port Everglades for a Grand Med cruise (over 60 days). This particular cruise attracts many frequent cruisers (at least 75% are 4-5 Star Mariners). When we arrived at the port the staff looked at our boarding docs and directed us to the "priority line" as we were 4 Stars at the time. We immediately noticed that the priority line had over 30 souls and the line was not moving very fast. One aisle over was the regular line with only 3-4 souls waiting. So we stepped around the rope and got into the regular line. Within a minute we were being checked-in....and 2 minutes later passed by the priority line (which had not moved) on our way to board. We overheard one lady say (we think for our benefit) something like "I have worked hard to get into this priority line and I am not going to the other line." DW and I both had to "work" at not bursting out laughing.

Hank