Just booked my first transatlantic!!

VancouverKory

Ahh another Vancouveritte :) Surrey here. We have done two TA’s one each way. On the Breakaway in April 2013 and the Epic April 2017. We are in our mid 30’s and had a blast on both. Not a lot of kids :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
Not to hijack this thread but are there any round trip 12 or 14 day transatlantic cruises? I would assume if there are it'll be on Cunard and I'm not a Cunard type passenger if you know what I mean. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We are doing a transatlantic on NCL 15 days Miami to Barcelona in April 2019. What’s one more day?😉

We are booked on this same cruise.... just did a TA from Florida to Barcelona and loved it so much, we booked this one... We didn't have any time to explore Barcelona so we are planning on going there 2 days early to have time to see things... the Ports of Malaga, Seville and Funchal are all enjoyable - we booked tours through the ship and they were fun! As was already stated - just a few children and average age group - maybe 50... some younger, some older... with 4000 on the ship you are bound to find someone your age..

We have booked our first TA for 4th November this year on the Epic from Barcelona to Orlando. Well it happens to be only our second cruise last one was about 10 years ago, so really good to see the responses here.

No, not transatlantic but there are longer cruises that will begin and end at the same port. I love Cunard, its not as stuffy as you think. If you own a dark suit you can swing any dress code they have (don't be afraid LOL)

Count me as afraid. I posted once in the Cunard section and felt the snootyness in full force. They made it sound like I was going to be chained to my cabin the whole trip because I didn't wear Armani all day and night.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I love TAs and classic ships, and would totally love to do a crossing on Cunard, but am also put off by the dress code. It's just a lot tougher for women, especially since I don't wear dresses, skirts, or gowns. Apart from the formal nights, the post-6PM dress code everywhere on the ship also seems off-putting. So it's not just formal nights, but the entire evening dress code. Would love to be wrong to be so concerned...

Which ship are you on Bobbit48. I'm booked on the Star for that cruise.

Hello! We are also booked for the Star in April! Are you on the roll call yet? I just joined and have signed up for the Meet and Greet!

We have done two TAs, one each way on the smaller Star and Jade. Loved them both. The westward trip was out of Copenhagen and was a bit rough till we got out of the English Channel then smoothed out. Leaving from Barcelona should be a much smaller chance of bad weather. We shared a meal with one lady that complained the whole meal on why our ship didn't leave from Barcelona as well to avoid the rough seas. But she booked out of Copenhagen. We didn't share another meal with her. Age? We are around the 60 yr mark and were some of the younger people on board.

Hello,

Welcome. I have done quite a few Transatlantics. I have one coming up in October 2. My last was on the Epic, which i think is a great ship. I have had great crossings. My only harsh one was in 2010 when a 40 foot rogue wave hit the ship. Yes, it was a disaster but my other crossing have been smooth as glass.

The weather can be on the cool side but usually we have had perfect weather. Transatlantics draw an older crowd, hardly any children. A lot of people don't like the amount of sea days i find that they are the best part of the cruise.

Have fun and just sit back and enjoy...

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
I love TAs and classic ships, and would totally love to do a crossing on Cunard, but am also put off by the dress code. It's just a lot tougher for women, especially since I don't wear dresses, skirts, or gowns. Apart from the formal nights, the post-6PM dress code everywhere on the ship also seems off-putting. So it's not just formal nights, but the entire evening dress code. Would love to be wrong to be so concerned...

We did the Cunard TA in January. Same concerns but we had a great time. Good table mates. Not snotty. We don’t normally “dress up” but for the men it’s just jacket on non formal and jacket with tie on formal OR you can wear a tux if you choose. I certainly don’t have any “ball gowns” Just wear something nice. I bought a floor length black dress - under $100 - paired with different tops, costume jewellery etc and some “nice” clothes I already had and it was all good. The QM2 has a great British pub BTW