FTTF YTD question

readsontheship

When we booked, I chose early dinner time, but I would like to switch to YTD. We have FTTF...any reason NOT to do YTD with two boys younger than age ten? How do I switch from reserved early dining to YTD and do I need to do that in advance of boarding? TIA!

Burymeatsea is correct. Just go into your Cruise Manager or contact your PVP, Carnival, or TA (whomever you booked through). FTTF really only gains you priority if you are waitlisted for YTD.

We always do YTD and think it would be wonderful with two younger boys. There is no pressure to get everyone ready and out the door at a set time for dinner. That's a win in my mom book :)

When we booked, I chose early dinner time, but I would like to switch to YTD. We have FTTF...any reason NOT to do YTD with two boys younger than age ten? How do I switch from reserved early dining to YTD and do I need to do that in advance of boarding? TIA!

We like the flexibility of YTD. We always go the MDR entrance prior to when the dining room opens and look at the menu posted for that day. Based on what's being offered, we decide if we want to eat in the dining room or go to the buffet.

I would say there is one potential advantage to early dining. Camp feeds the kids dinner on Lido in their own roped off area. This is at 6 pm sharp. If your kids would prefer to eat with camp instead of MDR, then you'll be dropping them off at 6, and hence you would probably be eating at 6 also. If you're going to be eating at 6 each night, then might as well not have to worry about waiting for a table, and instead walk right to your table and get the same servers each night, again with no wait.