5-star benefits

taxmantoo

I have NEver had a problem having my five star benefits applied. Al,,ways, since day one, I never hadd to ask. It get s done au tomaitcally. \My gripe is there are few that I find useful or meaningful. Most mean nothing to me.

Well good for you ;p

I can tell you that some of us have. I'm glad you have not had an issue.

The Mariners program has been in effect since 2009. But the people who deal with this on a daily basis have not worked with it since then.

I am happy with what I have earned and when it isn't applied correctly, I can use the exercise to walk down to Guest Services and ask that it be looked into.

I guess I tell myself that no one woke up that day and said "Gee, what can I do to tick off this person today", so any mistakes or misinformation or lack of knowledge is accidental. (Yes, they SHOULD know better, but I'm lucky not to be held accountable for all of MY mistakes. LOL) After all, I earned those perks by being on CRUISES and I'm on a CRUISE when dealing with an omission.

To get to Four Star, I've spent many, many, many wonderful days on a ship -- it takes a lot to make me unhappy on one!

(y)(y)(y)

• 2 months later...

A question about five star benefits. Two of them, free specialty dinners and reduced internet prices, are individual cruise dependent. So what happens on a back to back? Do you get the dinners and discount on each leg, or only once? On Prinsindam, you get two dinners since there is no spa. Do you get two for each leg or only one? We are traveling on the Prinsendam this summer on the "36 day British Isles and arctic circle explorer" which is actually two cruises back to back. What can we expect for perks?

A question about five star benefits. Two of them, free specialty dinners and reduced internet prices, are individual cruise dependent. So what happens on a back to back? Do you get the dinners and discount on each leg, or only once? On Prinsindam, you get two dinners since there is no spa. Do you get two for each leg or only one? We are traveling on the Prinsendam this summer on the "36 day British Isles and arctic circle explorer" which is actually two cruises back to back. What can we expect for perks?

Actually on the Prinsendam, it's 3 PG dinners since there is no spa.

If you have one booking # (booked the entire 36 day as a Collectors' cruise) the dinners and discount should be for the entire cruise.

If you booked it as a B2B (2 booking #'s or more) you should receive 2 sets of benefits. At least that has been my understanding.

Thanks. Looking forward to the Prinsendam, our first try on it. Over the years we've never gotten a bad report from fellow cruisers

We'll be on her in less than 2 weeks. I'll be doing a Live report. I have it booked as a B2B. Feel free to ask any questions and if I don't have the answer, I'll try to get it for you.

Hope you like the ship as much as we do :)

Although we are only 4 Star, a comment here. The only cruises that we had any issues with getting Pinnacle reservation when we wanted them was on cruise where HAL was giving away Pinnacle dinners with your booking. So, we wait until we board to book them, but we do it first thing though just to be safe.

We have pre-booked a Pinnacle reservation only once and did not get our discount (25%). Did not realize it till we checked out our account. Contacted HAL, they said they would check into it and never heard back - so we have never pre-booked again - always wait till we are on board - then no problem (argument) - just enjoyment.

Sorry didn't mean to get off track - Congratulations of the 5-star attainment.

We have pre-booked a Pinnacle reservation only once and did not get our discount (25%). Did not realize it till we checked out our account. Contacted HAL, they said they would check into it and never heard back - so we have never pre-booked again - always wait till we are on board - then no problem (argument) - just enjoyment.

Sorry didn't mean to get off track - Congratulations of the 5-star attainment.

I had a problem a few years back when it just started but since then, I usually find my 50% credit on my account by that evening or the next morning at the latest. If I didn't I would ask.

I do pre-book my dinners and, if we want more and can get them, we book on board. But, if we want specific dates or times then I pre-book. So far so good on getting my discounts back on board :)

I pre-book because I want the dates and times I want. I am not going to leave it to chance that they will be available when I board. I don't mind paying in advance knowing I will get most of it back in on-board credit. I know that will be spent, and if it weren't I would get it back on my credit card.

I do make sure to remind the Pinnacle manager that the dinners are paid for, and I have a refund coming, when I confirm the reservations on board. Then, I mention it to the steward when I dine. It has never failed to be refunded on my account.