Four dam ships in four ports - Sail-Aways Feb 11, 2018

Boytjie

Hope he takes you to the Trident Grill, great place for lunch :D

I'm rethinking that a bit. I haven't been on Symphony since drydock and there may be some new venues. I appear to be swimming in on board credit so we may want to look at the dining room or somewhere new. Trident is definitely still a possibility, though. Erewhon, have you ever had sweet potato fries?

Roy

“A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable. She shows her topsides, hides her bottom and, when coming into port, always heads for the buoys.”

Tacky tea towel..

“A ship is called a she because there is always a great deal of bustle around her; there is usually a gang of men about; she has a waist and stays; it takes a lot of paint to keep her good-looking; it is not the initial expense that breaks you, it is the upkeep; she can be all decked out; it takes an experienced man to handle her correctly; and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable. She shows her topsides, hides her bottom and, when coming into port, always heads for the buoys.”

thanks.

Makes sense to me! Except!

Although, now, the phrase " an experienced man to handle her correctly and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable" is very much politically incorrect.