Solo in Balcony cabin

WLC061975

I am think booking a transatlantic Cruises on break away in April as solo. However, the price seemed better for balcony than studio. My question is can i still use the common area in solo studio if I have balcony? Can I still participate in solar get together?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am think booking a transatlantic Cruises on break away in April as solo. However, the price seemed better for balcony than studio. My question is can i still use the common area in solo studio if I have balcony? Can I still participate in solar get together?

You can participate in the solo gathering at Happy Hour when people get together and meet, make dinner plans, etc and get to know one another but you will not have 24/7 access. That is for the folks who book studios.

It's a fun time, you will enjoy it.

You can only use the Studio lounge if you are booked in a studio, or if the solo gathering is held there (it rarely is).

You can attend the solo gatherings if you are in a a balcony- you might even be able to get into the area although in my opinion I only used it for the gathering. Sometimes it was unlocked during the day. Returning to a studio after 2x in a balcony- no longer any single supplements but just happy to be going on some cruises after 4 years!

That's an interesting question, that I answered for myself, a couple of weeks ago....

In January of 2017, I did a last minute (around 9 days) booking on the Breakaway, in a Guarantee Inside, and with no single supplement. A couple of days prior to the cruise, I noticed that I was assigned a cabin, and it was.....a nice midship balcony!

Shortly after that, they came up with the "bidding system", so I kind of doubt that I would be that lucky again with a free upgrade.

When I saw the itinerary of this year, for the first time, the Breakaway on a Western Caribbean cruise, I wanted to be sure to get aboard, so booked a Studio....my first time in it. I did enjoy the Solo Traveler's Meet several evening's last year in the Studio Lounge, and went to the MDR for dinner with the group a few times, so I really wanted to experience 24 hour access to the lounge. I will say this....the WMF coffee machine in that lounge, IMHO, brews the best coffee on the whole ship...

It grinds the beans, brews, and french presses each cup fresh. And....it also can make espresso, capucino, latte's, etc... at no charge. I went in there each morning for my 'continental breakfast' of orange juice, muffin, and coffee.

While I did enjoy the lounge several times a day (I was in cabin 10543 right next to it), I paid twice as much for that tiny Studio cabin as I had for my balcony the previous year. I will not do that again....I will go back to trying for last minute bargains in Inside Guarantee's, and enjoy the Studio during "happy hour" if that is where the solo meet happens to be.

That's why I've probaly upgraded out of the studios to a balcony for the last time. Twice I've done it and neither time did I use the balcony enough to justify giving up access to the lounge. Never realized how much I used it until I didn't have it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Interesting, what did you use it mostly for?

Interesting, what did you use it mostly for?

I grab some coffee and lite snacks before I head to breakfast. I'll fill my Bubba Mug with water before I hit topside and again when I'm calling it a night. Cake and cookies every time I head back to my cabin in the afternoon. Drinks during the Happy hour when I go down to get ready for the night. Cookies and cake for last minute bedtime drunk snack. I stop in 4 or 5 times a day.

I grab some coffee and lite snacks before I head to breakfast. I'll fill my Bubba Mug with water before I hit topside and again when I'm calling it a night. Cake and cookies every time I head back to my cabin in the afternoon. Drinks during the Happy hour when I go down to get ready for the night. Cookies and cake for last minute bedtime drunk snack. I stop in 4 or 5 times a day.

You can get everything you described at the buffet.

You can get everything you described at the buffet.

I sure can if the buffet was open after 10 pm or I decide to walk up 4 decks instead of 40 feet from my cabin in the morning before I showered and got dressed for the day. After 16 cruises I'm pretty sure I know what does/doesn't work for me.