Nellie's Beach vs. Barefoot Beach

kellyco

We have an OTW at Nellie's that I purchased on "sale" a while ago. We are in an ATS which gives us access to Barefoot Beach. I asked our genie if we could get a cabana at Barefoot for the price I paid at Nellie's and was told no. Not having real experience with either beach, would you spend the extra $100 for Barefoot or stay at Nellie's. I assume we can go to Barefoot for the lunch there. Is one more crowded than the other, rocky, rougher? Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

My preference would be pay extra and get a cabana at Barefoot. Less crowded plus the convenience of upgraded without having to move from one beach to another.

I really enjoyed it and if you have a suite then enjoy the exclusivity.

My preference would be pay extra and get a cabana at Barefoot. Less crowded plus the convenience of upgraded without having to move from one beach to another.

I really enjoyed it and if you have a suite then enjoy the exclusivity.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had OTW cabanas on both and I prefer Barefoot just because as others have said it is less crowded. That said you can walk over to Barefoot from Nellies to eat lunch. From both cabanas we could access the water directly so even though the beach will be more crowded it may not be a huge issue. Like you I would struggle with what to do since I love to save! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

over the water

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we once had an OTC that was on the very top. The view was wonderful and very private. On the negative side, you had to walk down a rock path to get to the water, either on Nellies beach or Barefoot beach. I wouldn't recommend for people with young children or those who want to spend a lot of time in the water.

I wouldn't pay the extra to move. If you have an OTW you'll have plenty of privacy at Nellies. We had one a few years ago when it was still affordable, and loved it. We had direct access to the water and only went on the beach to go to lunch or the restroom. BUT, love Barefoot too. So definitely walk over there to eat. Much better buffet and much less crowded. But for me, I wouldn't pay $100 to move a OTW cabana.

• 2 weeks later...