Why Such Differences

manime

Cruising Seaside in July and this will only be my second cruise. What I can’t understand is why is there such polar opposites on this forum. Having travelled all over the one thing I always do is my homework. Before booking this cruise I knew exactly what each experience was. Why do people worry about what others get on a cruise, you really do get what you pay for. The analogy I’ve seen is people don’t complain about those in first class on their flight there, they paid for that privilege and get what comes with it.I did upgrade to YC purely because we are heading in the very busy season of July and peace and quiet when I want it was a a big consideration. Why do people let the smallest thing ruin their whole trip, I just don’t get it. Buttergate, why do I not get this and that but others do, why do they not have our local cheese on this cruise, why opera and not back street boys in the theatre, why does a meal take 1 1/2 h- 2 hours and not 20 minutes, what would we speak about ...... etc etc. This forum has been a real eye opener to me as to how little prepared some people are for such a big outlay of cash. Not any holiday will satisfy everyone but cruises seem to see such opposite views ! Enjoy it, live it, have fun, I’m sure it’s better than being at work !

I think alot of the "Differences" we see and hear about, are because the people who really hate something, they will scream it to the rafters. If they Love it, they will share the info. The rest of us that enjoy ourselves, understand what we are getting into ahead of time, aren't expecting everything to be perfect, and taking a cruise for what it's worth, don't really post too much. So we only see the extremes.

I have cruised Divina twice and enjoyed them both. Booked on Seaside in April, and looking at Seaview for Oct. We only cruise in normal balcony (Fantastica), not suites or yacht club either.

Well said. Can I start using this? ;p

Haha, absolutely. I can tell you I have been to some sh.. (sewage) holes around the world but I still enjoyed myself. Cruising the Caribbean on a “glitzy” cruise ship I will have a ball. Americanised, European, Martian style of cruise I don’t care what you call it, I can assure you my family and I will enjoy it as I won’t let the little and sometimes larger things get me down.

....Americanised, European, Martian style of cruise I don’t care what you call it, I can assure you my family and I will enjoy it as I won’t let the little and sometimes larger things get me down.

As a Martian-American I take offense to this terminology. ;);p:evilsmile:

There really is too much drama on these boards.

~Brian

As a Martian-American I take offense to this terminology. ;);p:evilsmile:

There really is too much drama on these boards.

~Brian

Just seeing your up and coming cruises, you looking for some long lost family in Scotland that you can take along with you. (Your treat of course):halo:

OP wrote a great post! I have learned a lot from these boards and try to share my knowledge when appropriate (not as often as I should!). I have to admit I hold back on a lot of post due to the fear of being flogged for expressing an opinion or statement of fact. The one thing I have noticed is some people read reviews and then accept what they read as fact. In addition if you add up the negative reviews and take into account the number of passengers on the ship it is really not as bad as it may seem. Most satisfied cruisers do not post on these sites. 5000 people a weak sail on the seaside for instance. The one thing that gets me are the people that blame their ignorance on MSC. I agree that it takes a lot of research to completely understand what is offered on MSC ships. I have sailed in the yacht club numerous times and I am always fascinated by the amount of people that are totally clueless about this option. They then persist in saying their cruise was ruined by the fact I had butter and they did not. I sail on the Seaside in less than 2 weeks. I will share what I can but I can guarantee you I will have a great time!

BTW the MSC section on the boards is fairly calm compared to some of the other lines. If you want a treat go on the HAL site and suggest wearing shorts to the main dining room is appropriate. Go on...I dare you! :halo:

We just got off on Feb 10 and have another booked for June 23 this year. Did we think our experience was different? YES! Did we have fun? ABSOLUTELY!

We have sailed a lot and I will admit there were some differences we noticed between MSC and other mainstream cruise lines. None of these differences mattered in how much we enjoyed ourselves. Some things were minor annoyances like running have "to go" cups at Venchi's....but we got around it and moved on! Enjoy guys....you are on a CRUISE!

Cruising Seaside in July and this will only be my second cruise. What I can’t understand is why is there such polar opposites on this forum. Having travelled all over the one thing I always do is my homework. Before booking this cruise I knew exactly what each experience was. Why do people worry about what others get on a cruise, you really do get what you pay for. The analogy I’ve seen is people don’t complain about those in first class on their flight there, they paid for that privilege and get what comes with it.I did upgrade to YC purely because we are heading in the very busy season of July and peace and quiet when I want it was a a big consideration. Why do people let the smallest thing ruin their whole trip, I just don’t get it. Buttergate, why do I not get this and that but others do, why do they not have our local cheese on this cruise, why opera and not back street boys in the theatre, why does a meal take 1 1/2 h- 2 hours and not 20 minutes, what would we speak about ...... etc etc. This forum has been a real eye opener to me as to how little prepared some people are for such a big outlay of cash. Not any holiday will satisfy everyone but cruises seem to see such opposite views ! Enjoy it, live it, have fun, I’m sure it’s better than being at work !

I think a lot of people booked before the ship was launched and the differences from what they anticipated are just too great.

Very well stated and people will complain no matter what like the guy who said not enough salt in the soup and mash potatoes, how about adding salt to it :o.

The differences on this forum have been much discussed and hashed and rehashed. I think it comes down to those who are wanting the traditional cruise on the mass market lines VS those who want something different for a change. We tried MSC and we were glad we did. It was not perfect but then again we got way more than what we payed. The old adage “You get what you pay for” applies here. Don’t book a Bella cabin and then expect an Aurea experience.

Just seeing your up and coming cruises, you looking for some long lost family in Scotland that you can take along with you. (Your treat of course):halo:

I was wondering where you were! All the arrangements have now been made. Meet us at the pier. :')

Very well stated and people will complain no matter what like the guy who said not enough salt in the soup and mash potatoes, how about adding salt to it clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727.

Riclop ... you mean you actually want them to do something for themselves ? ;p Perish the thought.

Simple answer ...because some people thrive on Drama so they look for "whats wrong" rather than enjoy "whats good" .

That said I have a silly question. I am 5 ft ( 5'1" in shoes😂) the pools are 6 or 6.5 ft deep and my husband ans I LOVE to spend time in the pools ( we don't have one at home) if we brought small floats to sit on and relax would you see that as a big issue. Not the lay down take up the whole pool type ..lol. Just something to keep us afloat while we enjoy cooling off. Yes we can both swim and he is 6'2". But I can not tread water longer than a few minutes and I have heard that they don't have a shallow end.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

Excellent points by the OP. It boggles my mind how little research some do before plunking down thousands of dollars for a vacation and then are surprised when it is not as they expected. On the whole, the differences we found with MSC were great ones. If I want a cruise just like I would get with Royal or Celebrity (my other lines of choice) then I would just book with them.

I appreciate my fellow CC's rants and raves, as well as the positive thoughts they share. That is one of the reasons I read this forum. Just as I enjoy your observation, little contribution as it may add to the boards, it is a valid point of view and it should be considered or disregarded. I enjoy the unfiltered raw comments otherwise I would just read professional reviews. The rants and raves are the soul of these boards, please keep them coming, we learn lots from them. I do not question them or try to make sense of them, I just enjoy them like I enjoy my vacations.

Cheers.