Oasis Class: Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony?

We've never been on an Oasis class ship before, and are considering booking a June 2019 trip on either Allure or Symphony when we're on the Enchantment in a week or so. We're interested in trying one of the inside balconies, and are not sure if there are benefits/drawbacks to either the Boardwalk Balcony or the Central Park Balcony.

I'm included to go towards Central Park, as I am disabled, so the benefit of a rock climbing wall isn't useful for me, and we don't have kids, so the JR's deal is meh (I'd much rather have a meal at Sabor!). However, all of the various sailings we have looked at seem to have glitch where it shows accessible CP balconies to be available, but then won't let me select one, so I'll likely have to figure that out at NextCruise or with my TA.

However, are there things beyond the perks? Is one quieter or louder than the other? Better views? Any other thoughts from this fantastic group of seasoned cruises?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Stay away from deck 14 as you are more apt to hear noise from the pool deck.

Boardwalk is definitely louder than CP.

If you get a BW cabin towards the aft you can see the aqua theatre shows and the sea.

Oy. That is good to know. It looks like the *only* accessible balconies other than Ocean View are on deck 14. Would you say the noise is bad enough to be not worth it? If so, we're priced out of the Ocean View balconies, so would probably just do an a regular Ocean View on a different deck.

I have not stayed in a CP balcony but I have read many comments about the lack of any view of the sea and that the space can be uncomfortably hot. If I were going to select an interior balcony it would probably be a boardwalk.

I have not stayed in a CP balcony but I have read many comments about the lack of any view of the sea and that the space can be uncomfortably hot. If I were going to select an interior balcony it would probably be a boardwalk.

We have also experienced the lack of a breeze in CP.

We have stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony as well as and Ocean view Balcony on Allure. We loved the Boardwalk Balcony. The view from the back of the ship was good and we were able to see some of the shows from our balcony. It is a bit noisy, but when the door is closed and locked, we didn't hear any noise at all.

I have not stayed in Central Park at all, but based on spending time in Central Park, I would not even consider a Central Park Balcony. Although it is beautiful in the park area, it has basically no air circulation and it is very hot and humid there day and night.

We eat at the Central Park Cafe and if we need to eat outside, it is uncomfortable for us. Even going to Central Park at night to go to Chops or Giovanni's, it is much warmer than at the Boardwalk end. We have sailed both in January and July and I guess if we were going in January, CP may be ok, but definitely not when the heat and humidity are higher.

Love CP balcony. There is live music every evening that you can sit on your balcony and listen to, or I leave the door open with just the light curtain closed and listen. Day time is great people watching. I get a good laugh watching how much food some people walk of of Central Park cafe with! [emoji4]

One item that may or may not be important for you is the Ultimate Abyss on Symphony and whether it will block the view from the BW balcony. Allure doesn’t have it (yet) so if the view is important and you want a BW, may want to lean towards Allure.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Allure 2 years ago this week and had a CP view balcony. We loved it because it was very quiet and scenic with soft instrumental music to listen to from the balcony at night. We will be on Allure again next week and this time we have a BW view balcony, so in a couple of weeks I will have a comparison opinion. :)

I posted some photos below from our CP balcony:

Day views:

31372550524_130a6c1549_b.jpg

31372550654_c5b28eeb6a_b.jpg

Night view:

32210003546_f7d555880a_b.jpg

Another advantage - being able to check the line at Central Park before heading down!

32128871711_82b56d297f_b.jpg

If you need an accessible cabin, you are looking at deck 14, so pool deck will be above you. Disabled folks book them all the time and seem to manage. It is always a good idea to pack earplugs; any cabin could be noisy (crying baby next door for example). If you very noise sensitive, maybe not the right choice.

Boardwalk accessible cabins are closer to elevators, rather than at the far end (those are the ones with more ocean wake and aqua theater views). You’ll see the activity on close end of boardwalk from an accessible cabin. Nice people watching.

Central Park is more serene view. We like the music in the evenings. Our balcony had a nice breeze, probably varies though.

We were on Allure 2 years ago this week and had a CP view balcony. We loved it because it was very quiet and scenic with soft instrumental music to listen to from the balcony at night. We will be on Allure again next week and this time we have a BW view balcony, so in a couple of weeks I will have a comparison opinion. :)

I posted some photos below from our CP balcony:

Day views:

31372550524_130a6c1549_b.jpg

31372550654_c5b28eeb6a_b.jpg

Night view:

32210003546_f7d555880a_b.jpg

Another advantage - being able to check the line at Central Park before heading down!

32128871711_82b56d297f_b.jpg

Thanks for these greats pictures of CP... (they also helped me find my balcony room)

Sailing again on the Harmony in August and opted for the first time in all my cruises to NOT take an Oceanview Balcony and have a CP balcony. Now after reading this I'm worried that I'm going to be very warm since we cruise in August!!

Can't wait to hear what you think comparsion wise when you get back - Enjoy and Cheers!

Our experience on a cruise in January 2017 was in a CP balcony. It was extremely loud during the day. They had a band playing up on the pool deck and even down in Central Park the noise was so loud, you'd have to shout to those near you. They also did some kind of line dance class which was so noisy. You could hear every word. Not for us! our cabin was on deck 12.

Prior to that we had stayed more than once in a Boardwalk Balcony and loved it! We've never found it to be a noisy area of the ship and not nearly as noisy as the one CP balcony cabin we had.