Flight times

CruisinCadie

I guess the good thing is that if there is an issue it’s up to them to get you home and look after you in the meantime. If you had booked independently and didn’t make the flight you would have no come back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Taking care of air customers is good to hear Grandma. Regent and Oceania who include air in their pricing specifies in their T's and C's that passengers on flights included with the cruise are responsible for any issues and need to deal straight with the airlines for delays, cancellations and the like. That said, the cruise line has at times taken responsibility but, the don't have to.

Any air reservation made through a TA using times recommended by them should be covered. Choice Air recommended Kathy’s flight time, therefore it would be up to them to get her home.

Oops, don’t know what happened there!

Sent from my iPad using Forumsoops, don’t know what happened there!

Any air reservation made through a TA using times recommended by them should be covered. Choice Air recommended Kathy’s flight time, therefore it should be up to them to get her home.

Choice Air I am not sure is even a TA. They are owned by RCCL and can only book for RCCL, Celebrity and Azamara. I flew once before when they booked for me but it ended up being a charter these three flights this time are I am sure not.

Either way I booked and paid months ago to Choice Air and it is even on my documents going to give them a call tomorrow. I know their number in Miami.

Kathy

Good idea Kathy. Even tho’ they are not a TA, they are acting as one. Don’t know the law in the USA, but in the U.K. if you book accommodation and flights from the same company they have an obligation to make sure you get there and back.

Good idea Kathy. Even tho’ they are not a TA, they are acting as one. Don’t know the law in the USA, but in the U.K. if you book accommodation and flights from the same company they have an obligation to make sure you get there and back.

There is no "law" in the United States covering this Grandma. Why the cruise lines I mentioned earlier include in their T's and C's that they have no responsibility for flights after they are booked. Not sure if people from the UK would be covered as believe as the booking is with the cruise line in the US and not subject to UK laws. Our TA's here generally don't put accommodations and flights together in the US. like your TA's in the UK do.

Grandma

I just checked their web site. They have one flight later than mine by only 5 minutes. So I will have to pray the limo service gets me there on time.

I also looked up what it said about what is Choice Air at the bottom of their page and this is what it said. Like I said I don;t know if they are considered a TA or not.

What is Choice Air®?

ChoiceAir® is the name of Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD air program. It provides you, our valued guests and travel partners with the option to purchase air accommodations via our interactive website. Our website, www.choiceair.com, offers a seamless, worry-free way to purchase flights in conjunction with your cruise reservation. With ChoiceAir® you select the airline, schedule and price that works best for you!

Thanks Grandma

Kathy

Hi Kathy - looks like you’re right, you’ll have to hope the limo gets you there. As the ship is due to dock at 6:00 I think you should be OK, just make sure you get off as early as possible. Might be worth making sure Guest Relations know your flight time.

You’ll see what rallydave said above - we have different laws than you regarding TAs.

I suggest you self disembark that is you are responsible for taking your suitcase off. However you cannot get any porterage assistance doing this until you are in the terminal so it’s only an option if you can manage all you luggage unassisted down the gangway or airbridge - it’s sometimes a gangway and sometimes an airbridge in Athens so I’d assume gangway and anything else is a bonus.

Every country has different rules re legal responsibilities which is why I never comment on possible “rights” except in my own country.