New England/Canada Cruise on the Regal Princess

leetompkins

Starting to plan for our upcoming New England/Canada Cruise on the Regal Princess in September and looking for suggestions on where to eat while in the following ports: Boston, Newport, Bar Harbor, Saint John, and Halifax. Any and all tips, suggestions, recommendations would be sincerely appreciated. :D

We didn't eat any meals in Bar Harbor, but the wild blueberry pie from the little café in the marina where you disembark from the tenders was amazing! I still wish I'd gotten a second piece!

For Boston, I second the Legal Seafood suggestion!

We didn't eat any meals in Bar Harbor, but the wild blueberry pie from the little café in the marina where you disembark from the tenders was amazing! I still wish I'd gotten a second piece!

For Boston, I second the Legal Seafood suggestion!

Avoid the lobster there as it was not very good at all.

In Boston we loved the hot buttered lobster rolls at the Boston and Maine Fish Company (in Quincy Market). We found the best ever cannolis at Modern Pastry. They are piped when you order so the cannoli shell is nice and crispy!

We had a wonderful meal at Testa's restaurant (Lobster roll) in Bar Harbor, http://www.testasbarharbor.com/ and in Newport we enjoyed a meal at The Red Parrot Restaurant. I would second going to Quincy's Market in Boston, they have quite a selection of food stands.

If you like Boston Cream Pie, be sure to get the 'original' while visiting Boston.

Thank you momscruising and mthomp5 for fattening me up with your previous foodie experiences along the east coast cruises. all of your recommendations sound delicious, especially the cannolis at Modern Pastry in Boston. Definitely on my radar.

This cruise is on my bucket list! We've been to Bar Harbor many times and there are SO many great choices. If you haven't been before and are looking for an excursion, I would definitely recommend Acadia National Park with lunch at Jordan Pond, if that's an option. Otherwise, Bar Harbor is a great place to just walk around. There are tons of little shops within walking distance, and it's such a beautiful place!

For breakfast, we have enjoyed Jeannie's Breakfast and Jordan's Restaurant, but I believe Jordan's is a much longer walk from where you would get off on the tender. My favorite is Stewman's Downtown Lobster Pound, which is right on the harbor. We've been there for lunch and dinner several times. If you like fried seafood and want it all (me), this is the place! They have indoor and outdoor seating, and I've had to put on a jacket in June while sitting outside. Side Street Cafe is a little off the beaten path, but they make a great lobster roll. They also have indoor and outdoor seating. There are so many great choices! Have some blueberry pie for me!

Down the street from Modern Pastry is Mikes Pastry. You will see people walking around with their white Mikes boxes tied with red/white string. We could start quite the debate Modern or Mikes. Get a cannoli in both and decide for yourself. ( we always go to Mikes[emoji3])

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Clownfish Cruiser, we definitely have Acadia National Park on our radar when in Bar Harbor. Additionally, I have made notes on the foodie joints you suggested. elainemasey61, I am going to leave the debate on whether Mike's or Modern Pastry Cannolis are the best. Guess my wife will be the judge of that when we are in Boston since she is a real cannoli fan. Thanks again to the both of you for your informative posts.

Clownfish Cruiser, we definitely have Acadia National Park on our radar when in Bar Harbor. Additionally, I have made notes on the foodie joints you suggested. elainemasey61, I am going to leave the debate on whether Mike's or Modern Pastry Cannolis are the best. Guess my wife will be the judge of that when we are in Boston since she is a real cannoli fan. Thanks again to the both of you for your informative posts.

You are quite welcome! Glad I could help. We have a son in Maine and have probably been to Bar Harbor 5 or 6 times now. It doesn't get old. We've been several times in September and have had great weather, which is generally cool and crisp with blue skies. We go to Acadia every time. There's always something new to see there!