“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

Thanks for all the nice comments and tips from those following along! I’m jotting down notes of things to remember to post. Just made it to the gate.

So, right after the first of the year, I hopped on the New Years Resolution bandwagon....my goals? Clean out a closet each week, donate to charity, and lose the 15 pounds I gained from quitting smoking last year.....whelp, then this happened [emoji31]

75c8e60cd20f2d871e0efc0ca1cba6e4.jpg

Needless to say, all my resolutions were out the window. Tripped over a suitcase cleaning out closet number #1. Broke the 5th metatarsal bone in my foot, exactly 6 long weeks in this walking boot cast... the good news? Saw my orthopedist on Monday, and while I have to wear the boot on travel/airport days, I’ve officially graduated to “sensible footwear” [emoji51]

Be jealous, lady shoe lovers! [emoji12] what a fashion statement I’m going to be making. [emoji106] still beats dragging around this 10 pound boot for a week

cdee90baa83df5fbbc3926529be3ff63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings CC community!

Tomorrow we are heading to Fort Lauderdale for our pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel prior to boarding Allure on Sunday and I’ve decided to share a live report!

It’s been a super hectic year—and I haven’t checked in on CC as often as I would like. Sent my last “baby” off to college in August, and DH and I officially became empty nesters. Our last sailing in February of 2017 was followed by a whirlwind of activities, with one event after another....college visits, senior prom, graduation, party after party, dorm room shopping and finally, a 4.5 hour drive south, where I dropped my child, along with my wallet, at Indiana University in Bloomington. Go Hoosiers!

fc936603ae6d3215d939728469d6bcd8.jpg

I’ve done several live reports before, so a little about us to get the formalities out of the way....

Rick and Chris from the northwest suburbs of Chicago...lots of cruises under our belt, and all but one on Royal. Our first sailing on Allure was back in 2012, and we’ve since sailed on Oasis and Harmony, so we’ve completed the trio....that must mean Symphony is next....and it is!

Rick celebrated a milestone birthday this month...the BIG 60! For months I heard that he didn’t want anything “special”...no big party, no extravagant sports car to carry him thru his mid life crisis, so....I knew what I had to do....upgrade our usual D Category Oceanview cabin to a suite.

So, if you are wondering what to expect with this report, it will be a lot like my others....mostly photos, observations, and maybe a tip or trick. I’ll share menus, and if anyone has specific questions, fire away! I’ll try my best to answer, or get one.

Off to do some last minute packing....I’ll be back later with my “pre-cruise” planning details....until then, one of my favorite pics of Lady A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this review. Wife and i have done all our 10 cruises with carnival and now we are considering booking allure or Oasis for 2019. Thanks

I'm looking forward to your review. We are in a Grand next June on The Allure. Taking all of the family for our 50th Anniversary. The rest are in OV balconies. Hope your foot is fine and you are able to do it all. We would love to see Momma Mia. Hopefully, it will still on onboard. Thank you so much for posting.

Thanks for all the nice comments and tips from those following along! I’m jotting down notes of things to remember to post. Just made it to the gate.

So, right after the first of the year, I hopped on the New Years Resolution bandwagon....my goals? Clean out a closet each week, donate to charity, and lose the 15 pounds I gained from quitting smoking last year.....whelp, then this happened [emoji31]

75c8e60cd20f2d871e0efc0ca1cba6e4.jpg

Needless to say, all my resolutions were out the window. Tripped over a suitcase cleaning out closet number #1. Broke the 5th metatarsal bone in my foot, exactly 6 long weeks in this walking boot cast... the good news? Saw my orthopedist on Monday, and while I have to wear the boot on travel/airport days, I’ve officially graduated to “sensible footwear” [emoji51]

Be jealous, lady shoe lovers! [emoji12] what a fashion statement I’m going to be making. [emoji106] still beats dragging around this 10 pound boot for a week

cdee90baa83df5fbbc3926529be3ff63.jpg

Oh no! Glad you have graduated and don't have to wear the boot all the time on your trip. Happy traveling and be safe. We will be on Allure again in June and we can't wait. We will have to live vicariously through you until then. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whew! Big day! Lots of beverages so its probably better I post more photos than commentary 🤪

The flight was uneventful. Seriously uneventful. 🤨 WiFi wasn’t working. I had grand plans to catch up on email, words with friends, and catching up on CC... had bloody Mary’s instead

1bc826df754ce79e3405a0159036294f.jpg

Contemplated watching a movie, but what the heck was on that screen? [emoji12] I’m not generally a germaphobe, but ewwwww....

3c70a11a3d28a47fb171d79163516c4f.jpg

So, random pics it will be....

6dc0f71c6687133074f6350a74b12291.jpg

bf8506514c422dd6cb15d62d1e618915.jpg

ecb35253b476a944a81308b77bcf61bb.jpg

• Like 1

The Hilton was hopping today! Have never seen it so crowded, and we’ve stayed here often. Rooms were not ready until around 4:30, so more beverages were on tap....

001eac5516d48d4b13fe1b955a81baff.jpg

Tapatalk (or Hilton) is not letting me upload pics at anything higher than medium resolution, so these pics may not be great.... [emoji53] Rick went to drop off the luggage in the room, and snapped a photo from the balcony.

5fd7916f28bcdf80ce8fd6b44d0151af.jpg

Took a few photos walking around the property....

36d579a764a91dceb6347d713a33a5ab.jpg

2fa3b1817820424232ec60e929972719.jpg

6a1dcf2bba5a690ca8e39dc584cf0b9f.jpg

Marla and I have stayed at the Hilton Marina a few times (as I know you have too Chris). I'll never forget the busy ship day we got stuck on a high floor due to the elevators not syncing properly. After like 45mins waiting on an elevator, the house cleaning staff let us use the utility elevator to get out to head to port!

Hope you guys have a great cruise and we cross paths onboard again one day.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Marla and I have stayed at the Hilton Marina a few times (as I know you have too Chris). I'll never forget the busy ship day we got stuck on a high floor due to the elevators not syncing properly. After like 45mins waiting on an elevator, the house cleaning staff let us use the utility elevator to get out to head to port!

Hope you guys have a great cruise and we cross paths onboard again one day.

Dan.

Ugh! Dan....I think I remember this story....note to self to get the luggage down early [emoji12] say hi to Marla for us! Maybe we’ll be cabana neighbors again soon [emoji3]

Ugh! Dan....I think I remember this story....note to self to get the luggage down early [emoji12] say hi to Marla for us! Maybe we’ll be cabana neighbors again soon [emoji3]

We've stayed there since, great property, we just leave earlier now. LOL.

Love your reviews and pics. Allure isn't until Sep 2019 for us, but will love seeing all of your pics.

Marla says "Hi" back.

Dan.

Have a Great trip. We are sailing in October on a B2B . If possible could you please post the compasses from your trip when you have time?

Thanks

Sure, I will post them daily!

If you can post the Adventure ocean compasses for the kids, I’d appreciate it! I have yet to see what is offered for the kids. We’ll be sailing the end of October on her!

Is there a specific age group you are looking for?

As someone commented before, if you want a view of the port, choose an even numbered room in the tower... we are on the 12th floor. Higher is better or you may have the bridge blocking the view....

257eaff11b6c1a5440b18b7b74be14c8.jpg

Here are a few room pics...

79268b9e66d63739fbc07b3f0ec5d9e7.jpg0c7015348f26d971426822933d7f7323.jpgf1373155e23b1a8d1f2f6f23a3ce6fb4.jpg6a66f648e4d6e98bd4b9fec4c51c6f99.jpg

Pretty standard Hilton property. I will say that this is the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in [emoji31] seriously large indentations....

Nice pics! My brother is boarding the Regal Princess today too.

Dan.

Thanks, Dan — I’m not too happy with these pics [emoji53] need to adjust some settings on my camera, I think....at least my iPhone is cooperating! Regal princess is the closest to us in port