How often do they change the sheets?

Hi [emoji847]

I was wondering how often in a 7 nights the sheets and pillow covers are changed. On my last cruise there was a dark dot in one of the corners and the dot was there for the whole week but the guy in charge of my stateroom was lazy[emoji33]

Is it usually when you board the ship and that’s it? ✔️

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi [emoji847]

I was wondering how often in a 7 nights the sheets and pillow covers are changed. On my last cruise there was a dark dot in one of the corners and the dot was there for the whole week but the guy in charge of my stateroom was lazy[emoji33]

Is it usually when you board the ship and that’s it? ✔️

Thank you

I know what you mean ...but it's Not just on cruise ships. 10+ years ago, nice hotels changed the sheets Every Day... but the green movement had then asking for volunteers to skip the daily sheet changing NOW you get sheet when you check in and good luck asking for more times.

Cruise ships, in my experience, will try to change then IF you ASK. But I learned quickly how overworked the steward is and never asked after my first cruise.

On one of our NCL cruises about a year ago we had a VERY new stateroom attendant.

He was always working late into the evening as he didn't have the speed like the experienced stateroom attendants.

One evening it was like 9:30 pm and along he comes and we just ask for the bathroom to be restocked.

He said he wanted to change our sheets, I insisted they were fine.....

He nicely explained they are required to change the sheets every two days!

He being so new he was going by the book

I know what you mean ...but it's Not just on cruise ships. 10+ years ago, nice hotels changed the sheets Every Day... but the green movement had then asking for volunteers to skip the daily sheet changing NOW you get sheet when you check in and good luck asking for more times.

Cruise ships, in my experience, will try to change then IF you ASK. But I learned quickly how overworked the steward is and never asked after my first cruise.

Damn that green movement trying to improve the planet.

I pretty much live in hotels and I've found it's pretty common to get new sheets every three days.

Spent 20+ years traveling staying in Hotels and long term hotels. Once a week is standard. Last 4 1/2 yrs been on 21 10-13 nite Royal cruises. They change sheets once on nite 5 or 6.. Can always request more often. Towels, I have then changed after every second use. Wash cloth every day...

Spent 20+ years traveling staying in Hotels and long term hotels. Once a week is standard. Last 4 1/2 yrs been on 21 10-13 nite Royal cruises. They change sheets once on nite 5 or 6.. Can always request more often. Towels, I have then changed after every second use. Wash cloth every day...

Glad to hear you're a reasonable person. Requesting your sheets be changed during a 7 night cruise is ridiculous in my opinion. Cruise ships produce enough waste as is, the last thing we need is people requesting new towels daily and sheets every 3 days.

We've had them changed once during the week.....I love fresh sheets..but I only change mine at home once a week, so I'm ok with once during the week.

On our 1st cruise, they were changed daily...and that was so luxurious! That was in the 90's.

As for towels, they don't dry worth a damm in the bathroom, so fresh towels daily is nice. I NEVER, EVER throw anything on the floor, but my towels get changed daily...even in most hotels, if we're staying more than 2 nights!