Unlimited Room Service in a Grand Suite

We are treating our family of 15 to a cruise on the Allure in June, 2019. The family is staying in five ocean view balcony rooms. We booked a grand suite for ourselves to serve as headquarters for the fam. We have 8 - 9 to 18 year old kids who eat and eat. I know room service is complimentary for suite guests. Is this unlimited? I have a vision of afternoon snacks for 15 plus arriving in various containers.

I would assume so. Not so long ago it was free for everyone. As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad they started charging. You use to see trays and trays of half eaten food in the halls because wasteful people would order food just because they could.

Eat up! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm hoping they do allow unlimited room service as the suite will be our hang out space for the family. We are not going to be able to use Costal Kitchen, the suite lounge or sun deck as we will want to be with the family.

I would assume so. Not so long ago it was free for everyone. As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad they started charging. You use to see trays and trays of half eaten food in the halls because wasteful people would order food just because they could.

Eat up! [emoji3]

These kids will eat everything!

Since when are they charging for room service- we are D+but haven't cruised with them since we have retired- mostly Celebrity... Really can't believe they would charge for this service but a agree with the "over ordering"😒

Since when are they charging for room service- we are D+but haven't cruised with them since we have retired- mostly Celebrity... Really can't believe they would charge for this service but a agree with the "over ordering"[emoji19]

Not exactly sure when they started, maybe 2 years ago? It's a flat fee $7.95 per order.

On a side note...do you have any room in your family for one more? I've never had family that could afford to pay for my vacation but it sounds amazing. I'd be willing to work...plan excursions, make dinner reservations, babysit, you name it! [emoji3]

We are treating our family of 15 to a cruise on the Allure in June, 2019. The family is staying in five ocean view balcony rooms. We booked a grand suite for ourselves to serve as headquarters for the fam. We have 8 - 9 to 18 year old kids who eat and eat. I know room service is complimentary for suite guests. Is this unlimited? I have a vision of afternoon snacks for 15 plus arriving in various containers.

Would you adopt me??? I want to be part of your family!!! :D

We have a similar situation but with friends and DH and I only paid for our suite :p We have 8 staterooms. Everyone else has anywhere from inside cabin to balcony. I would like to have our place as a gathering place in the afternoon or early evening. Suite guests have access to a concierge. I think they reach out to you a couple weeks before your sailing. I was going to email back once I receive that email and ask about this. I am sure it's not free though. Maybe no room service charge but I bet they charge for snacks!

I’m sure you can order as much as you want. But keep in mind there isn’t a table in the grand suite so eating space would be somewhat limited depending what on how many hungry kids there are at a time. Oh for the days of eating so much and not having a care in the world about it.

We have a similar situation but with friends and DH and I only paid for our suite :p We have 8 staterooms. Everyone else has anywhere from inside cabin to balcony. I would like to have our place as a gathering place in the afternoon or early evening. Suite guests have access to a concierge. I think they reach out to you a couple weeks before your sailing. I was going to email back once I receive that email and ask about this. I am sure it's not free though. Maybe no room service charge but I bet they charge for snacks!

If your suite friends can afford said suite...they can swing the $7.95 room service fee. Enjoy your cruise! [emoji3]

On a side note...do you have any room in your family for one more? I've never had family that could afford to pay for my vacation but it sounds amazing. I'd be willing to work...plan excursions, make dinner reservations, babysit, you name it! [emoji3]

What a great offer. We are breaking the bank with this cruise. It's our 50th and we wanted it to be a celebration of how much our kids and grandchildren mean to us.

While I am not 18 anymore I can't imagine that a group of young adults that age on Allure would want to eat inside of any cabin very often. Send the kids to one of the many counter service dining locations and let them go to town.

I hope you are not intending to feed everyone at once. there is not enough room. in fact there may not even be enough room to serve enough meals for 15 even using the bar, coffee table and the 2 top table on the balcony.

as for the ethics of ordering for people who are not booked in the suite just to avoid the RS charge, I will say nothing. Teens will probably want the pizza on the Promenade or hitting the Windjammer anyway. if you truly want a spread daily, then I suggest you arrange something with the concierge and I'd be tipping the poor delivery people( I cannot see only one person being able to handle that much food) a $20 or better every time.. on top of the fee.

Probably because one doesn't expect to pay a service charge on a service charge. :D

When first rolled out the charge included the service charge. Only more recently has virtually everything had the 18% service charge added to it. Also, some room service items now have additional charges on top of the flat $7.95.

I’m not talking about meals. I’m talking about snacks. We were on Carnival years ago with two family groups and one couple had the owners suite. The kids would come back before showering for dinner and scoff down fries and BLT sandwiches. There wasn’t any charge for room service back then. We just need to give the delivery person a big tip. The group just enjoyed hanging out together.

I’m not talking about meals. I’m talking about snacks. We were on Carnival years ago with two family groups and one couple had the owners suite. The kids would come back before showering for dinner and scoff down fries and BLT sandwiches. There wasn’t any charge for room service back then. We just need to give the delivery person a big tip. The group just enjoyed hanging out together.

Back then.... today there is a Room Service Charge for cabins other than Full Suites.

IMO, BLT sandwiches and fries are a meal.

I mean the title of the thread was “unlimited room service in Grand Suite”.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight