Passion Island Cat Sail in Cozumel; Party cruise?

L1211

Looking for a fun day for college spring breakers that I don't have to join! Thinking a ship excursion seems safer than bars in Cozumel... anyone done this one? Any other ideas? They are 21 and 20 year olds. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's in Cozumel, it's probably a party.

Jolly Rogers is probably more of a party though.

Excellent. Will check that out. Don't recall seeing a ship excursion from that vendor. But maybe a fury one. Somehow I feel safer sending them through the ship sense I'm hoping for a relaxing day off...

Looking for a fun day for college spring breakers that I don't have to join! Thinking a ship excursion seems safer than bars in Cozumel... anyone done this one? Any other ideas? They are 21 and 20 year olds. Thanks!!

We did the trister over to passion island it was a blast i do it just about every time we stop there

Passion Island is very family oriented, definitely not a party atmosphere. We’ve been several times and it’s quiet and they cater to families with younger children. They do organize a volleyball game. They don’t even serve shots at the bar. Just some beer and margarita’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Passion Island catamaran is basically a tender boat - not a catamaran like we tend to think of them. My favorite way to go to Passion Island is via Twister Boat. It's loads of fun. You can go on you tube and find videos of it. Our alternate activity is to catch a cab down to San Francisco Beach Club for food, drinks & relaxation. There are lots of beach clubs down in that area - some are pay as you go, others are all inclusive. If you do a search on Cozumel beach clubs, you can find a list of the various clubs & their amenities.

We did powered catamaran to passion isle in September 17. It was nothing fancy boat ride but water was gorgeous. If it all inclusive the bar is beer, margaritas and rum drinks. However there was a cash only bar for specialty drinks and shots.

The catamaran sail to Passion Island is about a 30 minute ride on a ferry like tender boat, no dancing and drinking on the tarp of a snorkel catamaran. Drinks are for sale, but the ride is not a party atmosphere. It is also nothing like the twister boat, so you can disregard those comments as irrelevant.

I don't drink, but once you arrive at the isle, I seem to remember that beer and maybe rum punch were available with the tour. Other drinks were for sale The boys will probably be able to find some bikinis to talk with after they get oriented to the beach.

If they enjoy drinking, they may find the bar hop island tour to be more to their liking.

It isn't a catamaran but I strongly suggest looking at Paradise Beach. It's only $3 to get in and then you need to spend $10 on food and/or drinks. Drink pricing is great too. They have a great beach and also and amazing pool. Take a look.

Ahh, back in the day when there used to be real party barges....

Did some in Cozumel in the 90's where it was more-or-less a 30' wide barge. It would "cruise" at 5 mph out a bit, then anchor with diving off the top, and drinking down below. They'd have conga lines where the ship's staff would be standing on chairs squirting rum into your mouth from Bota bags. Girls would go topless...., people would fall over the side. It was a great time. And yes, these were Carnival excursions.

These party barges now? ehhh, I sneer at them....

When we went to Passion Island, there were some mixed drinks that were part of the package - we had Sex on the Beach and there was also beer, sodas and water and I want to say margaritas, but it's hard to remember. The staff was great - never let us go thirsty.