Upgrade to Jr Suite?

Our niece had to cancel and we had to move our 17 year old DD into our 7B balcony cabin. I have been looking at upgrading to a Jr Suite for the bigger bathroom and all, but with the current sale it is $2,100 more. We booked early and got our balcony for $4,300 for the 3 of us. I can't really justify $2,100 for the small amount of perks. I understand there is no crystal ball, but we sale on Harmony 6/2/18 and was wondering if there is usually a sale for Easter/Memorial Day? Anybody have much luck upgrading with in 90 days to go?

Thanks for the replies. I am already past the pay in full date. Do they offer last minute deals if all of the Jr. Suites aren't booked, like 3 days before we sail?

Unfortunately, unpredictable. They have the option to move existing bookings up to the suites so they can sell less expensive staterooms.

Just a follow up for my post. Our balcony actually went down $300 after final payment. Called T/A today and was able to upgrade our 7D balcony to a 1C oversized balcony for $140. We also received an additional $75 OBC to help offset the cost. My T/A tried to bargain us a deal on a Jr or a Grand suite, but no luck today. At the least we will have more balcony room for the 3 of us.

The bathroom is only slightly larger, because of the tub. Yes, it's much nicer (IMO) than a standard cabin bath, but it's certainly not big. There are NO suite perks for a JS that amount to anything. Sure, you get "priority" boarding on boarding day, and double cruise points. That's it.

If you want the extra space, it's a lovely way to cruise. Personally, I wouldn't want more than 2 in that cabin....but I'm not into sharing my space!!

If you want "suite perks" you'll need to move to a GS or better.

Thanks for the reply, and I agree about the Grand Suite. Thats what my T/A was trying to negotiate for us. I told her we would pay the $2,400 more for a Grand Suite, but not a Junior Suite. She said offers had been accepted before, put me on hold and called RCI, and made our offer. It was worth a try, we still have 83 more days to see if we can pull off a miracle.

• 1 month later...

Just an update to this thread. Last night I seen there were W Guarantee suites now available for our cruise. I called my T/A and was informed this would cost $390. I rolled the dice and took it. We just received our room assignment to a JS on the hump, deck 6. It may not be the deal of the century, but it gives us the much needed extra room for the 3 of us. If anyone has any input on this cabin or deck 6 location, much appreciated. I am not familiar with this location.

Just an update to this thread. Last night I seen there were W Guarantee suites now available for our cruise. I called my T/A and was informed this would cost $390. I rolled the dice and took it. We just received our room assignment to a JS on the hump, deck 6. It may not be the deal of the century, but it gives us the much needed extra room for the 3 of us. If anyone has any input on this cabin or deck 6 location, much appreciated. I am not familiar with this location.

Sounds like a great deal to me, enjoy!

Just an update to this thread. Last night I saw there were W Guarantee suites now available for our cruise. I called my T/A and was informed this would cost $390. I rolled the dice and took it. We just received our room assignment to a JS on the hump, deck 6. It may not be the deal of the century, but it gives us the much needed extra room for the 3 of us. If anyone has any input on this cabin or deck 6 location, much appreciated. I am not familiar with this location.

THAT is an excellent outcome.

Have a fabulous time with your family!