Price drop after final......no $$$ or OBC back..........DATE?

PH8

Was the 24 hr price drop rule (low price guaranty) in effect the whole time?

I don't have a date for that, but that came about the time that they changed to price drops only before final payment date. Also, it's a 48-hour period.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=best_price_guarantee

I'm just saying it happened to me several times since 2010, so don't assume someone is lying. Maybe the person got OBC and then cashed out on the ship and that's why they're referring to it as money back. Or perhaps it came from their TA instead.

All about perspective. Last several for me would be the last 3-4 months. Apparently last several for others goes back 7-8 years. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

WOW.....just WOW.

I'm referring to the ones in my signature - 2018, 2017, 2013, and 2011.

So you are saying for all those dates,you got money back after RCCL's official final date(as opposed to paying it off prior):confused:

So you are saying for all those dates,you got money back after RCCL's official final date(as opposed to paying it off prior):confused:

I called my TA and received OBC due to price drops that occurred AFTER the RCCL final payment date. This was in addition to any existing OBC. I still have the email confirmations that I brought with me on the cruises "just in case" the extra OBC didn't show up. My documentation is saved in individually named folders on my laptop, organized by year. In 2011, it was $1,200 in OBC. In 2013, it was $300 in OBC. In 2017, it was $600 in OBC. Last month, it was $200 in OBC. Do I need to send copies of those to you?

Last month, it was $200 in OBC. Do I need to send copies of those to you?

Was the OBC exactly the amount as the price drop? So, last month the price dropped exactly $100pp? And how do you know that it came from RCI?

We have received a credit also after final payment date. Here is the scenario, the price drop was $1000 and change but the cancellation penalty only $500. We were credited the difference minus the $500. We were given the drop to save the issues of a cancel and rebook on their end. I don't believe that a credit would be given if it did not exceed the amount of the cancellation penalty unless you have naked pictures of someone important.

Was the OBC exactly the amount as the price drop? So, last month the price dropped exactly $100pp? And how do you know that it came from RCI?

Yes, last month the price dropped by exactly $100 per person, so I called my TA. They put me on hold and "supposedly" called RCCL. How do I "know" that it came from them? I don't. That's why I said earlier that it could have been from the TA as opposed to RCCL.