Getaway/Margaritaville question

spielbank

I am on the Getaway as we speak. 3/25-4/1 sailing.

Margaritaville is a $14.95 flat fee. (at least on this cruise). They accepted UBP with no problem.

Margaritaville is open for breakfast each morning as one of the complimentary breakfast options and then switches to the $14.95 flat fee for lunch. It is not open for dinner.

Margaritaville was available for free to Haven guests on the first day, which I did take advantage. When we were there I did see two people just having drinks at the bar, so not sure if you can or cannot just have drinks at the bar without paying the cover charge.

Food is good. We will probably go back for lunch before our cruise ends. Even with the cover charge.

Let me know if anyone has any questions while I am still on board.

Don't really want to hijack the Marg thread but you asked. :)

The deck 18 (I think 18?) sun deck: where is the closest bar & bathroom to it? Wife & I love a few hours of mellow time to sleep, read, listen to the wireless speaker, etc. Thanks.

Also, for those there recently, what was the beer selection under UBP?

Pretty abysmal unless you really enjoy Bud/Miller/Coors products. Embarkation day was the worst. Nothing was stocked yet but Heine's...I was in hell for the first three hours.

BEER 12 oz - NCL Price - NCL Corks & Caps - NCL UDP

Blue Moon - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Bud Light - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Corona - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Corona Light - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Dos Equis - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Heineken - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Heineken Light - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Molson - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Newcastle Brown - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Peroni - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Pislsner Urquell - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Sam Adams Boston Lager - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Sam Adams Seasonal - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Stella Artois - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

So this is confusing ......how can Margaritaville be a la carte for one cruise and then a per person fee for another? One poster who was on the Getaway earlier this month said it was a la carte and then someone who is on there now says there is the $14.95 fee. Is that something NCL would do depending on cruise?

We cruise the Getaway in the fall so I guess we just wait and see what happens. There's no way I'm paying a per person fee to go there ( Which seems to be the general consensus ) As of now it says that it is $14.95 when I look online.

I'm wondering how much I'd spend at Margaritaville if it was a la carte, compared to now....I hate this change. I'm on Getaway in April and one of the things I was looking to was a lazy plate of Volcano Nachos and a couple.of Zombies while staring out at the ocean....sigh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

So this is confusing ......how can Margaritaville be a la carte for one cruise and then a per person fee for another? One poster who was on the Getaway earlier this month said it was a la carte and then someone who is on there now says there is the $14.95 fee. Is that something NCL would do depending on cruise?

We cruise the Getaway in the fall so I guess we just wait and see what happens. There's no way I'm paying a per person fee to go there ( Which seems to be the general consensus ) As of now it says that it is $14.95 when I look online.

Apparently Norwegian was looking for the sweet spot to charge for Margaritaville and it seems they've settled on $14.95 plus 20% gratuity per person.

Pretty abysmal unless you really enjoy Bud/Miller/Coors products. Embarkation day was the worst. Nothing was stocked yet but Heine's...I was in hell for the first three hours.

BEER 12 oz - NCL Price - NCL Corks & Caps - NCL UDP

Blue Moon - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Bud Light - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Corona - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Corona Light - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Dos Equis - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Heineken - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Heineken Light - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Molson - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Newcastle Brown - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Peroni - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Pislsner Urquell - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Sam Adams Boston Lager - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Sam Adams Seasonal - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Stella Artois - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Many thanks mate. I think I could do with this selection, but agree it is abysmal. The Escape has a beer place with ales, IPAs, stouts and other selections. What a difference from one sister ship to the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Was on Getaway a couple of weeks ago.  Margaritaville is $14.99 pp + gratuity.  You can order drinks at the bar (using UBP or not) without paying cover charge.  I heard a bartender tell a patron they could order nachos at the bar for the menu price ($8.99 I think), sit at the bar, and not pay the "cover charge".

48 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

Was on Getaway a couple of weeks ago.  Margaritaville is $14.99 pp + gratuity.  You can order drinks at the bar (using UBP or not) without paying cover charge.  I heard a bartender tell a patron they could order nachos at the bar for the menu price ($8.99 I think), sit at the bar, and not pay the "cover charge".

Going in a couple weeks - thanks for the info!!

7 hours ago, KurtMo said:

Thanks for that info. I really wanna try the nachos so I’ll definately be trying this in January. 

On 3/31/2018 at 7:49 AM, cruisecriket said:

If anyone can post or direct me to the complimentary dining menus for the Getaway as of recent, it will be greatly appreciated.

NCL have 14 different MDR menus that select from for any given cruise. MDR, O’Sheehans and other menus are on this thread 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2574164-norwegian-getaway-western-caribbean/

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Not much atmosphere. Have you eaten there lately?

What I meant is that it's still Margaritaville. It's different.  We did eat there and were the only ones there that day.  But it was a GSC day and we didn't like GSC so went back to the ship for lunch.