RCCL says has no foam toppers and no magnet hooks are allowed on their ships

We were on the Granduer in January and used small magnetic hooks for hanging stuff on the walls with no issues. We also brought along air filled pads that we use for camping that our steward placed under the bottom sheet. They pack very flat (empty) and provide a good cushion (when filled) for the beds.

I too was promised via email from Special Needs that a mattress topper would be in our cabin on arrival. Of course that didn't happen. The steward put an extra mattress pad which did absolutely nothing. I slept for an hour 1st nite then woke up with terrible joint pain (arthritis). I am SO thankful for the suggestion that a poster made about purchasing the Klymit sleeping pads!! I had bought them from Amazon thinking that we may not need them....BUT they are a godsend and the ONLY reason we are both sleeping very comfortably on the ship this week! I don't know what we would have done otherwise.

I also have magnetic hooks and using them with no problems. I didn't even know we aren't to have them, but no one has said a word.

So you would definitely recommend them then? Can you also sleep on your side with them. My memories of sleeping on any inflatable mattress is not a very good one. What would you compare it to? i know things have improved greatly. Does it really take the place of a couple of layers of foam or a topper?

So you would definitely recommend them then? Can you also sleep on your side with them. My memories of sleeping on any inflatable mattress is not a very good one. What would you compare it to? i know things have improved greatly. Does it really take the place of a couple of layers of foam or a topper?

Look for one of these:

Klymit Static V Luxe Sleeping Pad

You are unique. And special.

Because I've never gotten bruises from a cruise ship mattress? That hardly makes me unique or special. Usually when we cruise it's with a group of friends, and about once a year a really large group of 50+. In all those cruises I don't personally know anyone else who has been bruised by a mattress, so it's hardly as "unique" or "special" as you imply. :rolleyes:

I rarely listen to any of the RCCL reps as alot of them do not have a clue. Usually if you call about 1 thing and get a answer then call back and chances are you will get 5 different answers. Unless they post on the websites magnets are prohibited then I bet the rep didn't know.