Pregnancy Form Question

Hopep84

My fear is that we get to the port and happen to have a group of people who have no idea about the new policy and then we’re denied boarding.

It only takes a minute for your Dr to fill it out and a minute to fax it.

If you don’t need it then it’s no big deal. But if you do and are denied for not having it then you’ll wish you had taken those two minutes.

My fear is that we get to the port and happen to have a group of people who have no idea about the new policy and then we’re denied boarding.

It only takes a minute for your Dr to fill it out and a minute to fax it.

If you don’t need it then it’s no big deal. But if you do and are denied for not having it then you’ll wish you had taken those two minutes.

Speaking of being pregnant and documenting how far along you are...

http://www.kmov.com/story/37843953/st-louis-woman-says-family-was-kicked-off-cruise-because-shes-pregnant

Speaking of being pregnant and documenting how far along you are...

http://www.kmov.com/story/37843953/st-louis-woman-says-family-was-kicked-off-cruise-because-shes-pregnant

Exactly! In her case, their policy forbids cruising after 24 weeks so even with her Drs permission she was still going against cruise rules and unfortunately she should have rescheduled her cruise or cancelled it. That one is on her.

The Carnival documentation is very clear that the woman not be in -- or entering -- her 24th week (or beyond) at any point during the cruise. So if you were 23 w 4 d pregnant and on a seven day you wouldn't be able to board. Or 22 w 0 d and on a three week cruise you wouldn't be able to board.

The official documentation from your Dr stating that you are safe is just one more precaution that can prevent issues.

I'll finish the cruise on my 16 w 0 d so I'm safe, but I look more pregnant than that due to it being my third baby so I'm making sure I have full documentation so it's not questioned.

I do have the document filled out and ready to go. I will be 19 weeks when we get off the cruise and it is obvious that I am pregnant as well. I saw that about the Disney cruise- rules are rules though. We actually had to cancel our November cruise because we will have a 2 month old and the policy is no younger than 6 months. We lost $300 but what can you do?!?

Exactly! In her case, their policy forbids cruising after 24 weeks so even with her Drs permission she was still going against cruise rules and unfortunately she should have rescheduled her cruise or cancelled it. That one is on her.

Amen on that. Don't even get me started.

I'll finish the cruise on my 16 w 0 d so I'm safe, but I look more pregnant than that due to it being my third baby so I'm making sure I have full documentation so it's not questioned.

I hear you. I'm short, so I carried all out front and looked a lot more pregnant than I was (but not from the back which was a consolation), even with our first baby. I know you aren't in the same situation, but I thought I would share the post. Forgive me for going off on a rabbit trail on your post. I hope you 2nd trimester is going well and you enjoy your cruise!

FYI I faxed my form yesterday and received this confirmation today. So it looks like they may still require it even if they've changed their policy.

PregnancyConfirmation.png

Edited by TechHoney
formatting issue.

@TechHoney thank you for your help in this thread and in the one I started.

I know I am not a cruise veteran, but this is the first issue I have experienced with Carnival that has really pissed me off. Weeks ago I was searching for the form, it was removed from the website, and when I called I was told I did not need it.

Then, yesterday speaking with a carnival rep about something unrelated she told asked me if we had sent our form in... Now we are inside of the "deadline" since we are sailing this week. So I called 5 other times and had 3 "yes, you need it" and 2 "no you do not".

Their official Facebook page said "no" as well.

This is so f-Ing (frustrating*) annoying. How can so many people not know the policy.

I also asked to have the form emailed to me and it was not the correct form, just the policy.

Now we will bring the form, fax it in, but if people are not aware of the new policy they may hold the fact that we did not fax this in 14 days prior against us.

Royal Majesty 11/16/12 Bud Light Cruise

Carnival Legend 11/17/13

Carnival Glory 3/9/14

Carnival Dream 10/19/14 WSOP Cruise

Carnival Valor 1/11/15

Carnival Horizon 4/13/18!!!!

@TechHoney thank you for your help in this thread and in the one I started.

It’s very frustrating. I’ve experienced the same thing. Every rep says it’s needed. But people here have said they’ve talked to reps who said it’s not. When I did my boarding papers the link was given to me to download. The next day the link was defunct.

It’s just too risky to not have it in my opinion. Do your due diligence and that’s all you can do. Take printouts of the Facebook page saying it’s not necessary and any pregnancy documentation they send just in case.

Better to be over prepared when it’s thousands of dollars on the line.

Enjoy your cruise!

I found it extremely frustrating too! My husband though, was not worried at all and felt like the lady he talked to was so sure about it being eliminated that he never worried a minute. Ha. I didn't fax it either but did bring it to port. All the people in our group had different check in people and no health forms were checked at all by anybody (Port Canaveral). I did say I was pregnant and tried to present my form but was told it was no longer necessary. So bring it with you just in case but don't worry at all! Enjoy your cruise and congrats on your baby!!! :)

If the OP is cruising to the Caribbean, I hope she will take safe precautions against contracting any mosquito borne maladies, including zika, dengue, etc.

Don't want to be an alarmist, just saying a safe non toxic mosquito repellant might be a good idea.

That is because the guest must provide documentation. They will require it for boarding.

That is no longer the policy - I have emails and a Facebook response from the official Carnival FB page to confirm it.

However, since the policy changed recently we will bring it out of an abundance of caution.