Going Rate for Upsell Fairy?

I have never been contacted for an upscale. I do pay attention when I book though and know what the price of a category above me is at the time I book. This would help me if I ever get an offer. I look at it as price per day more and is it worth that to us. Some of these upscale prices I’m reading are crazy high and others are ones I’d take advantage of.

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email 2 weeks ago to upgrade from Oceanview balcony to JS for $400 on the Oasis at end of May. For those having experience with receiving the lucky call, how soon before sailing can you expect the call? Would really appreciate a little extra balcony space!

Received an email 2 weeks ago to upgrade from Oceanview balcony to JS for $400 on the Oasis at end of May. For those having experience with receiving the lucky call, how soon before sailing can you expect the call? Would really appreciate a little extra balcony space!

Is this the email where they ask if you would like to be considered for an upsell for $400 IF they decide to offer one?

I don't think that anyone has reported back that they got the call after receiving one of these emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this the email where they ask if you would like to be considered for an upsell for $400 IF they decide to offer one?

I don't think that anyone has reported back that they got the call after receiving one of these emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Almost 5 weeks out and very few cabins available online, so wondering when they start the domino cabin game!! The wording says .. "We’re excited to welcome you onboard soon! As your sailing approaches, there may be an opportunity to upgrade your stateroom for the below price. Secure your position on the waitlist and take advantage of this limited offer. If an upgrade becomes available, we will call you to process the upgrade."

Yes. Almost 5 weeks out and very few cabins available online, so wondering when they start the domino cabin game!! The wording says .. "We’re excited to welcome you onboard soon! As your sailing approaches, there may be an opportunity to upgrade your stateroom for the below price. Secure your position on the waitlist and take advantage of this limited offer. If an upgrade becomes available, we will call you to process the upgrade."

We are 7 weeks out. According to some on our role call the emails went out a few weeks ago. Yesterday we had over 10 JS available, today they’re all sold out, so it looks like they went through the upsells in the last 24-48 hours.

We are 7 weeks out. According to some on our role call the emails went out a few weeks ago. Yesterday we had over 10 JS available, today they’re all sold out, so it looks like they went through the upsells in the last 24-48 hours.

Most reported upsells come a bit closer to sailing - that large swing in cabin availability may be something else.

We got the email but never actually got a call for our sailing tomorrow.

Most reported upsells come a bit closer to sailing - that large swing in cabin availability may be something else.

Yea I thought so too, except we had 16 true suites yesterday and now down to 4. All other categories are sold out. Clearly on the upsell wagon at this point, I think. We sail in 40 days. Holding out hope for my upsell fairy phone call - I’d love the move from my JS to Grand Loft :-)

Yea I thought so too, except we had 16 true suites yesterday and now down to 4. All other categories are sold out. Clearly on the upsell wagon at this point, I think. We sail in 40 days. Holding out hope for my upsell fairy phone call - I’d love the move from my JS to Grand Loft :-)

And strangely they’re now all back in inventory. Very odd.

And strangely they’re now all back in inventory. Very odd.
"

I know this is an RCI thread, but have used NCL and got 3 upgrades using their bidding system. Wonder if RCIwill try something like it. You get the e-mail invite to bid on certain suites. They give you "suggested " amounts, using a range (like low $200-400pp), medium (400-600, etc). So if someone really wanted to be sure to get the suite they would bid high (I guess like in poker). We bid on a suite less in demand, and got it for the minimum $200pp. Certainly worth it for the suite benefits and the size of the cabin.

Have an RCI booked for Nov & X for next year. Hoping for a upsell. But like always, I booked the cabin I wanted, so if no upsell still will have a great cruise!

As MikeBTN reported, I noticed this morning, all of a sudden there is inventory available on our May 28 sailing on the Oasis. There have been no balcony or suites available for at least a month. And less than 15 interior and OV. Most are now showing as available and guarantee purchase only, so have no idea how many are really available. So still hoping that we will get a call for upsell from balcony to JS. I

As MikeBTN reported, I noticed this morning, all of a sudden there is inventory available on our May 28 sailing on the Oasis.

With RCI's commitment to not heavily discount inside of 30 days, most sailings are close to sold out by 30 days out. That's when the upsell process usually starts - backdoor discounts.