Bringing whiskey on

Ifortworth

I got 3 and a half fifths through about 2 weeks ago. I had it in rum runners in my carry on bags. My gf had a bottle of wine and box of Red Bull’s in her carry on suitcase and they never looked at it or even asked what it was. I’m inclined to believe that we could’ve had the liquor bottles in our bags and they wouldn’t have cared. This was the 3rd cruise I’ve snuck it on and never had any problems. I’ve stuck it in checked bags the first 2 times and we carried all our luggage on this time and got it through again. Hope this helps. I also saw and heard a bunch of other folks on board that were talking about sneaking liquor on.

That’s comforting! Thanks for the reply. Heading out in a few weeks.. can’t wait!

I got 3 and a half fifths through about 2 weeks ago.
That works out to about 11.5 oz per day (half a fifth) divided by two people, or about 2 martinis each at the Alchemy Bar or 2 Long Island Iced Teas each. I really don't know how you could drink that much per person per day for an entire 7 day cruise.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That works out to about 11.5 oz per day (half a fifth) divided by two people, or about 2 martinis each at the Alchemy Bar or 2 Long Island Iced Teas each. I really don't know how you could drink that much per person per day for an entire 7 day cruise.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Right - folks are talking about how to beat the system and buy a round when they get close to the 15 drink limit... to get up to 20 or so. For me, about 9 and I am going to feel pretty thick the next day. Sure, some "hair of the dog" will cure that, but doing so is also the way you become addicted and dependent. I just pay the price the next day and suffer. When the hangover eventually subsides I will allow myself a drink if I want one, but never drink to cure a hangover.

However, since this thread is about smuggling, I agree that is a great way to pace yourself. You have to go back to the cabin and generally don't drink in the public spaces, so that limits the amount of drinking right there. Also, it makes for a much more reasonable cost for the entire cruise.

Anyone have any luck getting their alcohol past port New Orleans? From what I was able to look up in the interweb, lots of people are getting their stuff confiscated, even rum runners.

Glad to hear Carnival is getting their act together. :):cool:

Right - folks are talking about how to beat the system and buy a round when they get close to the 15 drink limit... to get up to 20 or so. For me, about 9 and I am going to feel pretty thick the next day. Sure, some "hair of the dog" will cure that, but doing so is also the way you become addicted and dependent. I just pay the price the next day and suffer. When the hangover eventually subsides I will allow myself a drink if I want one, but never drink to cure a hangover.

However, since this thread is about smuggling, I agree that is a great way to pace yourself. You have to go back to the cabin and generally don't drink in the public spaces, so that limits the amount of drinking right there. Also, it makes for a much more reasonable cost for the entire cruise.

If someone is smuggling, they are already addicted and dependent. ;)