Bringing whiskey on

Ifortworth

What is the best bourbon you can find on Carnival ships? Woodford is the only one I see available for in-room purchase, was wondering if a place like the Alchemy bar has better stuff.

There are two for in-room purchase. Woodford Reserve and Duke.

I agree, $4.50 for a 12 pack pretty good deal considering the markup on other things. The but here is that some people are very picky about what water they drink, so it bothers them if Carnival doesnt have their brand.
Those that choose a cruise line by the brand of water they carry are just like those Coke/Diet Coke drinkers that are upset that NCL stocks Pepsi products.

Not even close to making your point. "Slipping up" as you call it is "unknowingly" breaking a rule. Completely understandable. Knowingly breaking the rules is deceitful. Try rereading the OP's post. He/she didn't ask if if one could legally bring whiskey on board. They specifically stated could they use a wine bottle to smuggle whisky on knowing that a person 21 and older can bring a bottle of wine on. They already know the rules and are trying to figure out a way to break those rules. The only education they want is how to break the rules without getting caught. You're definitely barking up the wrong tree here because these are specifically cases of bad people doing bad things. Good people don't try and see how they can break the rules and even ask others for help.

Bad people doing bad things? Seriously? Sorry think you are getting rather carried away over this.

Those that choose a cruise line by the brand of water they carry are just like those Coke/Diet Coke drinkers that are upset that NCL stocks Pepsi products.

NCL doesn't even stock all of the major Pepsi brands. They don't carry Diet Mountain Dew. :(:loudcry:

Bad people doing bad things? Seriously? Sorry think you are getting rather carried away over this.

If lying, cheating, and stealing aren't bad things then I just don't know what is. And since more and more people don't think this is a problem it's no wonder the country is going to hell in a handbasket.

If lying, cheating, and stealing aren't bad things then I just don't know what is. And since more and more people don't think this is a problem it's no wonder the country is going to hell in a handbasket.

You sound like Fox News! Now go stock up on your supplies and ammo for the zombie apocalypse.

NCL doesn't even stock all of the major Pepsi brands. They don't carry Diet Mountain Dew. :(:loudcry:
They carry the Pepsi equivalent brands of Coke and Sprite in regular and diet version. Now if you want to argue about them not carrying Pepsi Zero Sugar while Carnival and Celebrity both carry Coke Zero Sugar, I will agree with you. But Diet Mt Dew is not a major Pepsi brand and Coca Cola does not have an equivalent soft drink to Mt Dew to begin with.

All I can say is wow. Should we draw and quarter all these offenders?

I really love these threads. I kick back and listen to how people try to cheat the system for what? $20. Oh and then it gets even better....lets see if I missed out on this....smuggle rum ( $20 worth lets say ) but tip the porter $20 to get it on. Baaaahaaa. Keep them coming this is awesome.

It would be really cool to see the cruise line put a bounty out for smuggled beverages. Every half full or better bottle the steward finds in a room and turns in, he get's $5. :p

Oh and make tips MANDATORY, so the rule breakers can't screw the workers by pulling tips too!

Then you get punished! Enough said. When they get caught are you going to go ooohhh I told you and walk off all proud. I try not to break any rule but I’m sure in your contract you don’t know every single rule violation. That’s all I’m saying I’m happy that your moral compass points true north.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like sophistry to me. Inadvertantly breaking a rule has almost nothing in common with coming on an internet board to get information on how to best break the specific known rule and get away with it, buying special equipment to help you break the rule, and then breaking the rule. It is called premeditation.

Some people have a moral compass that always points to their own self interest.

I totally can understand this point and consider it valid....personally while I might be bummed for a second about my brand of water / cost increase I wouldn't be surprised by it, infact to be fair I expect people in this world to suck and be shady so I would definitely just caulk it up to "the ways of the world"...and pay the extra or find a different water to drink etc....

One of the reasons so many people suck and are shady is because there are so many venues where they are allowed to get away with it. You always get more of whatever you allow.

When ever did I mention speeding I forgot you never did anything wrong. I bet your tax return is completely on the level. You take the moral high ground. And by going by your user name I bet you pay for all your music and movies and your browser history is that of a five year olds. Like I said I try not to break rules by every turn sometimes it happens on accident without knowing all of them. Keep preaching we will all keep reading

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WHAT??? People have smuggled booze onto a cruise ship by accident?

It would be really cool to see the cruise line put a bounty out for smuggled beverages. Every half full or better bottle the steward finds in a room and turns in, he get's $5. :p

Oh and make tips MANDATORY, so the rule breakers can't screw the workers by pulling tips too!

Even better: deny boarding without refund to anyone caught trying to bring contraband onto the ship. That would stop the nonsense instantly. Lay it out in the contract in big letters and then enforce it.