Bringing whiskey on

Ifortworth

I need to get some pants with lots of pockets. Last trip, about 34th cruise, my rum runners were taken from my luggage. First time ever. Now I'll be wearing them. If they didn't charge such ridiculous prices for liquor this wouldn't be an issue. $28 for a $5 bottle f wine. $85 for a $20 bottle of bourbon.

I need to get some pants with lots of pockets. Last trip, about 34th cruise, my rum runners were taken from my luggage. First time ever. Now I'll be wearing them. If they didn't charge such ridiculous prices for liquor this wouldn't be an issue. $28 for a $5 bottle f wine. $85 for a $20 bottle of bourbon.
Take off the Carnival Corporation rose colored glasses and cruise on NCL where you can have their drinks package as a perk for 125.00 pp for 7 days worth of gratuities.

I don't even know the technicalities of who checks for the alcohol so not sure if this guy was just blowing smoke or what....plus we had cheers and didn't plan to smuggle...BUT our porter who took our bags at the Long Beach, CA terminal last month stated that if we slipped him a $20, he'd let all alcohol slide and get on with our luggage....

Are you really a psych nurse in real life?

I don't even know the technicalities of who checks for the alcohol so not sure if this guy was just blowing smoke or what....plus we had cheers and didn't plan to smuggle...BUT our porter who took our bags at the Long Beach, CA terminal last month stated that if we slipped him a $20, he'd let all alcohol slide and get on with our luggage....

I do not think he could do that as porters do not run the scanners.

Sounds like this porter was baiting you into a rather large tip.

I really love these threads. I kick back and listen to how people try to cheat the system for what? $20. Oh and then it gets even better....lets see if I missed out on this....smuggle rum ( $20 worth lets say ) but tip the porter $20 to get it on. Baaaahaaa. Keep them coming this is awesome.

I just went into Princess website (for convenience) and a bottle 375m of Jack Daniels is 27.60. I don't buy the stuff at home or otherwise, but, if your spending XYZ dollars for a cruise and you can't (or don't want to ) pay that, you are pretty darn cheap.

I really love these threads. I kick back and listen to how people try to cheat the system for what? $20. Oh and then it gets even better....lets see if I missed out on this....smuggle rum ( $20 worth lets say ) but tip the porter $20 to get it on. Baaaahaaa. Keep them coming this is awesome.

Especially after spending hundreds or thousands on the cruise to begin with.

I just went into Princess website (for convenience) and a bottle 375m of Jack Daniels is 27.60. I don't buy the stuff at home or otherwise, but, if your spending XYZ dollars for a cruise and you can't (or don't want to ) pay that, you are pretty darn cheap.

I really doubt someone contemplating smuggling alcohol is going to be content with a pint of Jack for a week-long cruise.

If people had integrity this wouldn't be an issue either. ;)

Take off the Carnival Corporation rose colored glasses and cruise on NCL where you can have their drinks package as a perk for 125.00 pp for 7 days worth of gratuities.

If you can live with all of the other problems that NCL has I guess that could be an option.

Interesting that they have increased the gratuities on the "free" alcohol package from $95 to $125. :rolleyes: