Bringing whiskey on

Ifortworth

You must have me mistaken I DO NOT condone violating rules. I just don’t think people should be on a soapbox chastising people. If they run the risk and get caught they pay the price. I’m saying an avid cruiser has circumvented a rule before. Being bringing something on or off the ship, letting there children into adult only areas or shows. Etc. or even just breaches of etiquette like line cutting or ordering before someone else who has been waiting longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If other people weren't on their soapbox announcing their illicit activities to the world no one would be on a soapbox chastising them.

But you can have that....order a bottle thru the fun shops and you will have it in your cabin

Now, the retort i will get back is "I aint paying $100 for a bottle that normally costs $30" (not saying the retort will specifically be from you but in general)

That answer would go back to my original point....Cheap :D

Ok that is true however, I don't consider that being cheap. So that is my point and I stand by it just like you will yours. Have a lovely rest of your day :)

That's like telling a cop who speeds they can't give you a speeding ticket. Nice try.

BTW, my house is made out of cinder block. ;)

When ever did I mention speeding I forgot you never did anything wrong. I bet your tax return is completely on the level. You take the moral high ground. And by going by your user name I bet you pay for all your music and movies and your browser history is that of a five year olds. Like I said I try not to break rules by every turn sometimes it happens on accident without knowing all of them. Keep preaching we will all keep reading

I can't speak for others but I can say that I have never "knowingly" broken a law or rule. Operative word is knowingly as no one can know everything so everyone has broken some kind of law or rule without knowing it. That being said, people who call themselves smugglers are "knowingly" breaking the rules and most of them (from my experiences) announce their rule breaking with glee. So it's not just the rule breaking but the snottiness behind it as well.

Thank you for your genuine answer....

When ever did I mention speeding I forgot you never did anything wrong. I bet your tax return is completely on the level. You take the moral high ground. And by going by your user name I bet you pay for all your music and movies and your browser history is that of a five year olds. Like I said I try not to break rules by every turn sometimes it happens on accident without knowing all of them. Keep preaching we will all keep reading

You're damn right my tax returns are spot on to the penny. I sure as hell don't want the IRS at my house!!!

Personally, I use the radio and TV for my media. Do 5 years olds visit Amazon, FB, and CC much??

As I stated, there is a difference between breaking rules/laws and knowingly breaking rules/law. Have I broken a rule/law. I'm pretty sure I have but didn't know it at the time. Anyone who calls themselves a smuggler knows exactly what they are doing so they can't claim they didn't know.

BTW, my user name comes from my profession.....I'm an IT Tech.

Have you ever heard of "comparisons"? I was comparing your don't throw rocks because you live in a glass house to cops.

You are making my point for me everyone slips up from time to time. My whole point is instead of chastising these individuals educate them on the consequences of there transgressions. Not just saying they are bad people doing bad things. No person of my knowledge would want that done to them if they slipped up.

Corrected your statement. ;)

:o:eek:Thanks! My proofreading skills were definitely off;)

You are making my point for me everyone slips up from time to time. My whole point is instead of chastising these individuals educate them on the consequences of there transgressions. Not just saying they are bad people doing bad things. No person of my knowledge would want that done to them if they slipped up.

It was not my intent to chastise anyone, but to educate about options instead of committing the transgression. I apologize if I offended.

In my opinion, asking how to violate a known rule is different than making a mistake and "slipping up from time to time." To stick with the speeding analogy it is like the difference between asking 'where are the speed traps' or installing a radar gun so you can get away with intentionally speeding (while putting yourself and others at risk) vs. not paying attention and your speed getting away from you - still putting yourself and others at risk but not intentionally.

A genuine question for those who constantly promote the "always follow the rules" "never cheat" mentality....I hope this comes off respectful as I am genuinely curious and not trying to be a jerk....to the above individuals...

Do you honestly always follow rules and never cheat...meaning have you ever driven 1 mile over the speed limit? Or have you never logged on to cruise critics at work while wasting company time? ETC ETC ETC Do you truly see the world in black and white with no gray area what so ever?

I don't think we need to be perfect to try to encourage each other to do the right thing. While there are certainly gray areas in life I struggle to understand how reminding someone of the cruise agreement (or possibly informing for the first time if they didn't read it) and offering alternatives to breaking it is judging.

There are rules that I don't agree with sometimes. I have the choice to try to change the rule, suck it up and follow the rule if it allows me to do/have something I want more, or find alternatives where the rule doesn't apply. I personally don't feel I have the choice of knowing a rule and asking others how I can break it (at least not without expecting pushback from those who did agree to follow the rule).

Another cruising example would be non-toilet trained children in swim diapers. Carnival does not allow them in the pool areas, but there are other lines that do have designated areas. If I was cruising with children in this situation I would need to either sail another line or find alternative water activities for my littles (wait until we get to the beach, play in the shower). It would not be right for me to just say that Carnival's rule isn't fair and do whatever I want - especially since it affects other passengers, Carnival's property, and knowingly breaks their rules.

I hope that makes sense. Thank you for trying to help us be respectful to each other:)

It wasn't just the Dawn. We had booked the Escape for our last cruise in early March but when NCL went back on something they told us we could do and refused to honour their commitment we decided that we would rather spend our money with someone else. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to feel that NCL's food and service was sub-par.

Went on the 3 day Sky. I completely understand this should not be compared to the Escape . . . .but it was the worst food and service ever experienced. God awful.

Having done 3 days on Carnival, Royal and Celebeity, I have njoyed the service and food . . . But this was an absolute travesty on the Sky. I am in no hurry to try NCL again.

banning water bottles because of smuggling is proof that this affects everyone

also eventually if Carnival believes it starts to eat into profits enough they will raise prices for everyone so compensate

so since it has already affected everyone... people care

Actually banning water IMHO has been great. I can get a 12 pack of water for 4 dollars delivered to my room and don't have to lug it on the ship. The lines move MUCH faster now that they are not trying to check everyone's water for booze.

Actually banning water IMHO has been great. I can get a 12 pack of water for 4 dollars delivered to my room and don't have to lug it on the ship. The lines move MUCH faster now that they are not trying to check everyone's water for booze.

thats great for you but there is another side and if you want to know about it you can find many many many threads here about it if you search.

I completely agree with you.

Not even close to making your point. "Slipping up" as you call it is "unknowingly" breaking a rule. Completely understandable. Knowingly breaking the rules is deceitful. Try rereading the OP's post. He/she didn't ask if if one could legally bring whiskey on board. They specifically stated could they use a wine bottle to smuggle whisky on knowing that a person 21 and older can bring a bottle of wine on. They already know the rules and are trying to figure out a way to break those rules. The only education they want is how to break the rules without getting caught. You're definitely barking up the wrong tree here because these are specifically cases of bad people doing bad things. Good people don't try and see how they can break the rules and even ask others for help.

Not even close to making your point. "Slipping up" as you call it is "unknowingly" breaking a rule. Completely understandable. Knowingly breaking the rules is deceitful. Try rereading the OP's post. He/she didn't ask if if one

You won I quit. There is nobody better or more pious then you. Move on I did. Enjoy your future cruises and life yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

:o:eek:Thanks! My proofreading skills were definitely off;)

It was not my intent to chastise anyone, but to educate about options instead of committing the transgression. I apologize if I offended.

In my opinion, asking how to violate a known rule is different than making a mistake and "slipping up from time to time." To stick with the speeding analogy it is like the difference between asking 'where are the speed traps' or installing a radar gun so you can get away with intentionally speeding (while putting yourself and others at risk) vs. not paying attention and your speed getting away from you - still putting yourself and others at risk but not intentionally.

Spot on.

Water has not been banned. Bottles have been banned. You can still take canned water (just like canned soda) on board if you choose. And if people didn't try and get one over on Carnival by smuggling the lines would be just as fast. I see no reason to be thankful for a ban that gives people fewer choices now thanks to the illicit behavior of some people.

Not really. One doesn't "install a radar gun" to get away with speeding. One needs a radar detector to help detect the use of radar/laser guns so we can speed. :cool:

While the poster used incorrect terminology, the analogy was spot on and you knew exactly what was meant otherwise you wouldn't have been able to correct it. :cool: