Bringing whiskey on

Ifortworth

Did I get it right? lol Hint if not. Maybe a dolphin working for a seal team? Otherwise I can't imagine what your position was/is.

And it's none of your damned business either. Who said I was even there in a "position"? Perhaps I was a guest.

Then why do you have the SS Abraham Lincoln in your cruise history.:confused::confused::confused:http://www.uscarriers.net/cvn72history.htm

I don't, because she's not an "SS". And she's listed there because my very first cruise was on her in February, 2001 from Coronado to Everett.

I agree that 15 in a day is not a big deal....the issue is EVERYDAY. That is a bit much if you are doing it 7 days in a row....My issue is how apparently grown mature adults turn into the 15 year old getting into their parents liquor cabinet the first time mentality....Not going to say all, but there is a good portion of the population that will drink just to drink. Come back from HMC and hang out in the Atrium bar and you will hear things like "I gotta get my moneys worth" or i love "I really dont wanna drink but i paid for it so i am drinking"....really? seriously? With that mindset, you shouldnt be drinking.

There's also the "sticking it to the man" mindset - the ones that are convinced that drink prices are pretty much criminal and they're going to exact their revenge by getting much as they can, even if it means cheating and stealing to "make up for it".

I don't, because she's not an "SS". And she's listed there because my very first cruise was on her in February, 2001 from Coronado to Everett.
Hang me for missing a letter, and cruising history is usually reserved for cruises on vacationing cruise ships, not military ships that you're a "guest" on.

There's also the "sticking it to the man" mindset - the ones that are convinced that drink prices are pretty much criminal and they're going to exact their revenge by getting much as they can, even if it means cheating and stealing to "make up for it".
If you think Carnival's prices are criminal, then expand your 5 Carnival only cruises to other lines and then you'll truly see what criminal drink prices are like. On the lines I have sailed, MSC is the only line whose drinks were cheaper than what Carnival charges. Celebrity, RCI and especially Norwegian are all substantially higher, but two out of them include their drinks package as a perk.

If you think Carnival's prices are criminal, then expand your 5 Carnival only cruises to other lines and then you'll truly see what criminal drink prices are like. On the lines I have sailed, MSC is the only line whose drinks were cheaper than what Carnival charges. Celebrity, RCI and especially Norwegian are all substantially higher, but two out of them include their drinks package as a perk.

*I* don't think they're criminal. I'm talking about all the people who make every excuse possible to justify boorish behavior when it comes to the drink packages. Splitting cabins to avoid buying more than one. Sharing with another adult. Giving cokes and mocktails to their kids. You know the ones - common excuses are that the drinks are overpriced and carnival gets more than enough money from them or that they are somehow "watered down" and the poor drinker is a victim of carnival's "greed".

I think their prices across the board are what they are and you can take them or leave them.

Then why do you have the SS Abraham Lincoln in your cruise history.:confused::confused::confused:http://www.uscarriers.net/cvn72history.htm

Great ship. I've even sailed her even though I was Air Force (daughter was a Squid and we took a 2 day Tiger cruise with her. Got to watch her drive that behemoth!).

Great ship. I've even sailed her even though I was Air Force (daughter was a Squid and we took a 2 day Tiger cruise with her. Got to watch her drive that behemoth!).

Amazing ship, you're right. I did a Coronado to Everett tiger over my 30th birthday. They make some of these cruise ships look small.

Amazing ship, you're right. I did a Coronado to Everett tiger over my 30th birthday. They make some of these cruise ships look small.

We went from NS Mayport to NS Norfolk right before her refit. Nothing like having your own private F-18 airshow!!! Amazing crew!!

I'm surprised they let you aboard in Air Force blue ;)

Not only was I let on board (wearing my retired Air Force cap), I was even allowed to eat in the Chief's Mess since I was a retired E-7. Made friends with my daughter's Chief. She was not amused. :'):')

Not only was I let on board (wearing my retired Air Force cap), I was even allowed to eat in the Chief's Mess since I was a retired E-7. Made friends with my daughter's Chief. She was not amused. :'):')

Lol I'll bet. Yeah I got to mess with the Chiefs too, my brother was an AGC (E7). Good food, but the worst coffee in the world.

We really don't know what the cost per drink is at sea. Provisions are ordered, shipped, stored at the port and then loaded on by union longshoremen. Those all contribute to the cost.

Let's get a bucket and sit in the lido shade and try to figure this out...

See you at sea.

Well, that sounds like a great idea... but if the bucket of four beers costs $25 and you can get a case and a half of cold brew for that back home... someone is pocketing some money! If I drink enough beer, I would admit that I just do not care. But when I sober up at the end of the cruise, I do care.

Union rates really do not factor in. A forklift driver gets the same pay for loading a pallet of lettuce or a pallet of beer. It is all part of the cost of the cruise.

Getting the Cheers package is not an option because I share a cabin with a non drinker and I could not imagine drinking $50 -$55 worth of beer for seven nights straight. I would be dead.

Anyone have any luck getting their alcohol past port New Orleans? From what I was able to look up in the interweb, lots of people are getting their stuff confiscated, even rum runners.

Anyone have any luck getting their alcohol past port New Orleans? From what I was able to look up in the interweb, lots of people are getting their stuff confiscated, even rum runners.

I got 3 and a half fifths through about 2 weeks ago. I had it in rum runners in my carry on bags. My gf had a bottle of wine and box of Red Bull’s in her carry on suitcase and they never looked at it or even asked what it was. I’m inclined to believe that we could’ve had the liquor bottles in our bags and they wouldn’t have cared. This was the 3rd cruise I’ve snuck it on and never had any problems. I’ve stuck it in checked bags the first 2 times and we carried all our luggage on this time and got it through again. Hope this helps. I also saw and heard a bunch of other folks on board that were talking about sneaking liquor on.